nottotell

Leather Phone Case / Wet molding by Spoon:)

Hi All,  I drop my phone so often, i ve already changed 3 screens in one year, at the end i learned how to change it by myself:) and i decided to make a leather case. I dont like to carry it on the belt, it is so big for that, thats why i did not make any type of belt loop. 

phonecasethumb - Copy.jpg

...and the  video.

Interesting work, I like the Ribbon pull out option.  But do yourself a favor, get a mallet made for hitting your tools.  The steel hammer will destroy them.

They are cheap, some made from rubber, some from poly, even a brass head hammer would be better than the steel one.  Heck, old timers made whacky sticks from a piece of wood!  

YinTx

Just now, YinTx said:

Interesting work, I like the Ribbon pull out option.  But do yourself a favor, get a mallet made for hitting your tools.  The steel hammer will destroy them.

They are cheap, some made from rubber, some from poly, even a brass head hammer would be better than the steel one.  Heck, old timers made whacky sticks from a piece of wood!  

YinTx

Thanks for comment YinTx, I am not so good on stamping, actually i have all  different mallets, in the video you will see 3 different, wooden, rubber and metal. maybe my stamp is not good quality, with metal hammer it is more clear and i am a bit lazy:)  you are totaly right, one of my stamp already bended. i will look for better stamp and mallet.

Instead of a mallet get yourself a rubber or plastic maul.  I got a 1 pounder from Tandy and then added a 2.5 pound leather maul.  The heavier one is great for stamping.