Don Ayres

How to identify when my consew was made

How do i identify when my used Consew RB-5 was made ?

Thanks everyone.

I have never seen an on-line Consew serial#'s and date of manufacture archive to look that up, Like you can easy do with Singer manufactured machines with factory serial#'s cross reference open direct to the public.

Does your Consew machine have the serial# cast on the underside front of the machine ? .  You might give call or email Consew, and ask if there is a way, or if they even do publish there date of manufacture info .

912076007_serialconsew.thumb.jpg.91634c795cc24c8cf2f5d491bf632c89.jpg

I have been looking around, but theres no info that I could find. Contact Consew directly . I contacted Seiko in Japan, to find the age of my old STW  using the serial number . I found out that its the same age as me....which I'm not telling :blush:

HS

First two numbers will give the date of manufacture.  They starting coming in around 2003.

Thanks Greg, So if i have this right the first two numbers will tell me what year it was made correct ?

On 2/4/2021 at 10:03 PM, nylonRigging said:

I have never seen an on-line Consew serial#'s and date of manufacture archive to look that up, Like you can easy do with Singer manufactured machines with factory serial#'s cross reference open direct to the public.

Does your Consew machine have the serial# cast on the underside front of the machine ? .  You might give call or email Consew, and ask if there is a way, or if they even do publish there date of manufacture info .

912076007_serialconsew.thumb.jpg.91634c795cc24c8cf2f5d491bf632c89.jpg

Actually, this was a Stager, not Seiko machine.  Stager, even though a Consew, did not not do the first two numbers thing with date of mfg. 

5 hours ago, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

Actually, this was a Stager, not Seiko machine.  Stager, even though a Consew, did not not do the first two numbers thing with date of mfg. 

That japan/Consew serial# Head, I bought new back in May of 2001. still have receipt in the drawer . But I know the wholesale outfit I bought it from was sitting on it for more than 2 years before I bought it.
I was eyeballing it for sometime, whenever I would go into Portland for parts or supplies .  So I thinking ( guessing ) it is about a 98 -1999 production.