Sign in to follow this  
Mikeny

Master Tools Deluxe Round Knife and French Edger

I am thinking of buying the 440C steel Master Tools Deluxe Round Knife from Weaver. Does anyone have or used this knife? Are they any good? Did the knife come ready to use or need extensive sharpening?

I am also looking to buy a Master Tools French Edger. Are they any good? Do they come ready to use? Is the cutting bevel on the bottom or in the top channel (like the cheap ones from Tandy)?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Mikeny

i have seen the master tools knives but once I saw and read about Knipschield knives, I am fixing to get 4 of them{ Knipschield ones} they are very well made and should last me at least two life times. lol  on the french edger, I like the CS Osborne ones. go to osborneleathertools.com, I hope thats right, On my pc I just click the icon, but that should put you into their site with prices. most of these tools from big Co's need to be stropped and maybe polished. alot of people like to finish their own cause they like it a certain way. plus, if you want it fully polished and sharpened, then now you are talking custom made and yes part of that price is going to be for them polishing it and sharpening it.just depends on what route you want to take.I'm a big osborne fan, have been since Jr. High, when I got my 1st one, which is 50 yrs old now and I still use it. hope this helps you out .now the master tools, from what I understand are american made as opposed to Tandy being chinese made, and I am fixing to buy their draw knife if and when they get it back in stock, plus their diamond punch sets. personally I prefer american made if I can get it. but having said that I do love Sergys stamps, and I have two of his swivel knives, one is skeloton, and the other is gothic themed. love them. luck on your quest.