kiwican

Skull experiment

Messing around with some wet forming 

7.jpg.e64243c493f012ffe9a1589775d5a06c.jpg6.jpg.884801e121efc137e32eddf9bb2d6967.jpg

That is definitely unique!  Rather cool, too.  What do you plan to do with it?

YinTx

1 minute ago, YinTx said:

That is definitely unique!  Rather cool, too.  What do you plan to do with it?

YinTx

Lol Thanks Yin....I'm not sure what to do with it actually. Right now its just sitting on a desk and staring at me. I showed it someone and now they want one like it. Not sure what they will do with it. I might turn this into a shrunken head. Or I might just pick a random name out of the phone book and mail it to a total stranger for giggles.

Mask from the WALKING DEAD ....Clever however Sppoky 

It is kinda spooky but compelling at the same time. How did you do it? Looks like wet formed around a mould? If you waterproof it, smarten up the rim and put a handle on the back you'll sell lots of em.

Great stuff. Well done.

7 hours ago, kiwican said:

Lol Thanks Yin....I'm not sure what to do with it actually. Right now its just sitting on a desk and staring at me. I showed it someone and now they want one like it. Not sure what they will do with it. I might turn this into a shrunken head. Or I might just pick a random name out of the phone book and mail it to a total stranger for giggles.

I will not introduce my self, and I will send you my address in PM. I would love to adopt the orphan....

I all seriousness, great and innovative idea. have you ever thought of doing a textural? 

Yup.....a mask.  Clap it about the face, put some wig on top and some smallish eye holes....Day of the Dead mask. 

Very nice, not a spot out of place.

God bless

A mug or vase, pencil holder or just a wall hanging like those smile/ frown ceramic mask sets back in the day. Vary cool piece of art.

or paint and sell for the day of the dead celebration folks.

Edited by chuck123wapati

2 hours ago, toxo said:

It is kinda spooky but compelling at the same time. How did you do it? Looks like wet formed around a mould? If you waterproof it, smarten up the rim and put a handle on the back you'll sell lots of em.

Great stuff. Well done.

Thanks. I have a jar in the shape of the skull and used that to form the leather around. Pretty sure it came from the Dollar store. I'm not a skull guy but I wanted to experiment with wet molding somemore and there we have it.

6 hours ago, kiwican said:

Thanks. I have a jar in the shape of the skull and used that to form the leather around. Pretty sure it came from the Dollar store. I'm not a skull guy but I wanted to experiment with wet molding somemore and there we have it.

I wasn't kidding. If you can turn it into a beer stein you'll sell loads.

Send it to me and I'll put a whiskey glass in it

On 2/5/2021 at 11:59 PM, kiwican said:

phone book

Erm.... Haven't seen a phone book in several years......you're showing your age! :P:P   :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, JayEhl said:

Erm.... Haven't seen a phone book in several years......you're showing your age! :P:P   :thumbsup:

Lol I still get one delivered every year when the post rider comes through!. Last year I got one from 1992