What heat embosser/foil stamp machines do you like.  Truthfully, I'm mostly looking for heat embossing, not foil, but most of them offer both.

I've found the most info about the Dream Factory stamping machine and all reviews seem great, but they are pricey.  The one criticism I find is the lack of instructions in multiple languages, but other than that, people seem to love it and it's constructed well.

I know Tandy has a heat imprinter, but have not heard of anyone who either loves or hates it.

There's a ton of knockoffs from China on Amazon and Etsy for more in the $400 or less range, but it's hard to know if any of these are quality.

I'm mostly stamping a logo, and sometimes initials or text in veg tan.

Recommendations welcome! Thanks!

To be fair there's not a lot in em to go wrong. Of course if you want production runs you have to pay for uprated components but for occasional use almost all of em will do the job. Most of em come with temperature control that yhat you can set but In practice, because different leather/foil will be slightly different you'll work out the best temp for that project and jot it down for the next time.

You have to factor in the cost of the stamps/ alphabets which can be surprising. A lot of people have one letter twice in their name which means two set of letters and sometimes that's not gonna be enough and do you get upper and lower case letters in which case that's four sets. I've just bought a set that meets half way and comes with multiples of the letters that are usually used twice. That cost me £218 GB and I've no doubt it won't stop there and we haven't talked about different fonts or stamps yet.

I'm in the middle of building a press (see other post) and I'm excited to see what I can do with it.

Let us know how you get on and welcome to the forum.

ah, yes @toxo - excellent point, the stamps! That's a great thing to consider in cost.  I appreciate you mentioning.  

It's good to hear that maybe I'm thinking to hard on one over the other.  I guess I'm used to weighing an prioritizing purchases for my shop.  I feel like my experience has been every time I look for a new tool or machine for leatherwork it costs $500US or $1500US (not even considering the $5000 machines...that will come later!) 

Pretty impressive you are building your own! It looks great!

Going to keep doing a little research and letcha know what I land on.

Pleased to be here!

Jamie