ToddW

EPSOM / Derby in Black from Haas

I have been searching high and low for some black EPSOM/DERBY leather from Haas.  Spoke to them directly and they have a 750sq ft minimum and 3 - 4 months.  They suggested I go to Rocky Mountain which  does not have it.  I emailed a few others that came back from Google searches.  All roads lead to a dead end..  The pattern I am building from calls for:  

2.0mm leather about 7 sq.ft
1.5mm leather about 1 sq.ft
1.0mm leather about 3 sq.ft

which is a briefcase.  I do want enough to build some stuff out of left-over.. wallet, watch bands, etc.

Anyone have any suggestions where I can get it.  Might settle for Brown or Gold if that is all that a company has but do particularly like the leather.  I am also told there are a few other tanneries that have this, but really afraid it would be different enough to bug me.  Thoughts or help??

Etsy has some vendors that carry Epsom. Pretty pricy stuff, especially when buying by the square foot.  I would purchase or request some swatches before committing. 

I see the ETSY vendors in my google searches but most seem to be Asian companies with some in a language my Chrome has a tough time translating.  Its a very specific Hermes inspired bag I am wanting to make and have seen/felt the Hermes bag in person.  According to Haas, EPSON is reserved for Hermes but they sell to others under the product name Derby. Not sure if there are fakes of the leather or lesser quality but have spent the morning emailing about everyone I can.  Sent email to the various leather suppliers mentioned on this site as well as the ETSY vendors. It is pricy which I am ok with as long as I don't have to buy "huge" quantities.  I am ok buying more than I need as I think I will use it for other projects.. Just don't want to have to buy 750 sq ft of it.  If I found it in the right quantities and the price was somewhat reasonable, I would be interested in buying a brown as well.  Anyway, appreciate the quick response!!  Waiting for other to respond as well to see if there is someone I have not found yet..

I had purchased Haas Epsom leather in black from The Etsu vendor: “Fine Leather Club” in the UK.  It was a bit under $10/sqft at 6sqft. 
The Etsy vendor “MadeOnJupiter” has some type of Epsom for sale.  Vendor located in NY. 
May be worth an email. 

There are a lot of producers of this leather. You don't say where you are located, but it seems like you have looked at resellers in Asia.

3q usually have a couple of colors of Haas Derby in stock (send pm) they also sell Weinheimer Waprolux

https://www.instagram.com/3q.leather/

Europelle also have some colors of Haas Derby in stock sometimes.

https://www.instagram.com/europelle/

Ezer leather sell Perlinger Noblessa in matte version (grade A) 

https://www.instagram.com/ezerleather/

Here is French company that sell in smaller amounts (Not sure if they sell in larger sizes), they don't tell which tannery, but they say it's full grain. Haas, Roux, D'annonay are examples of French tanneries that produce this type of leather.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B70zQIeiBjv/

Edited by Danne

2 hours ago, ToddW said:

I ended up ordering on Etsy. I appreciate all the responses..

Which vendor did you end up purchasing from? Did they confirm that the tannery is Haas? Please post a photo and comment on the product and vendor.  Thinking about purchasing more.  Thanks