Sign in to follow this  
Patrice

Help me with Tandy Pattern

Hi all!

:head_hurts_kr:

First of all, i must confess that i have another question :blahblahblah:

I bought this pattern kit form TLF

http://www.tandyleatherfactory.com/product...?number=6033-00

I read all the instructions on all 4 patterns, but, there is no indications as where to begin the stitch or lace and where it stop.

I have already figure a bit, but, man, those instruction really lack clarity for a guy who learne all by books or the hard way :scratchhead:

So, feel free to give me a hint :whatdoyouthink:

Thank you!

Edited by Patrice

I'll preface my response by saying I've not used that pattern before, this is just my guess at it.

I think that precut kits are more prone to have specific instructions regarding your stitching/lacing. Where to start, how to tie it off, that kind of thing. (I've used a few to make a quick couple items, and used the kits to make my own patterns) However, I think the patterns are really only there for you to get the basic shape. How you construct it is more or less up to your creativity and imagination. Whether you choose to do a lock-stitch, lace, blanket-edge stitch, etc. All depends on how you want the finished product to look.

I know that didn't really help with how to go about it, but just my thoughts on it. Looking forward to some pics of a finished product. :)

-Noc

Hey Patrice!

If I understand your question, you are asking where on the seam to start to lace or sew? If the seam goes all the way around the project and will finish where you started, you want to start somewhere that is not very visible when the bag is closed. In other words, you don't want to start on the front flap, because that is the first thing anyone ses when they look at the project. If you start in the back toward the bottom, then if you have an uneven lace or stitch, it won't be very noticible.

I hope this actually addresses your question and helps you decide how to proceed.

Mike