rcrankin

Hello from Houston

Hello my name is Rob.  I am new to working with leather.  

I get bored easy, struggle to sit still at times, but have a pretty good attention span.  Oxymoron?  I figured some leathercraft would help with this issue, have a productive outcome, and I less likely to hurt myself.

I completed a couple of small Tandy projects, to test the water.  Maybe a couple template projects are next, as I build my skills and tools.  Who knows what is next after that.  I have seen a lot of very nice inspiration on this site, so the possibilities are endless.

I already have a few questions and will hit you up on the forums.

Thanks in advance.

Howdy Rob!

Congratulations on starting leathercrafting. It has been a lifelong hobby of mine and it has been very rewarding for me, not only mentally but monetarily as well.

I started back in 1965 when my father bought my Tandy's starter set. We moved to what was then country (Spring, Texas). I enjoy leather crafting very much, I was always good with my hands and very creative, and to this day it is very satisfying to me. I have since moved my craft from hobby to a part time business and now moving to a shop to develop a full time business.

If you are serious about this craft I might be able to help you, online or in person (one on one). I have taught class for tandy, off and on, over the years. If this is of interest to you, reach out to me. I always enjoy introducing new people to this fun and profitable craft. Thanks for reading my post. Aso if anyone else in the area is interest I'd like to hear from you too.

Michael,

barbedwireleatherstudios@gmail.com   

Below are pics of my latest commision. Thanks for looking :) 

67535841_2395465650521067_4903578511328935936_n.jpg

67562000_2395465777187721_4583681740735774720_n.jpg

68477928_2395465867187712_5915274838338961408_n.jpg

cigar cutter cas.jpg

Hello, @Barbed Wire Leather from a fellow Houstonian!  (okay, actually from Pearland).   I've attended a couple of Tandy classes and I would really love to get a chance to visit and learn from you, if you're offering.  (sheepish grin).  In fact, right now my dream job would be to work part time for a custom leather shop when I retire, even as a hangaround, just so I can learn more about the craft.      

~JL

14 hours ago, JayEhl said:

Hello, @Barbed Wire Leather from a fellow Houstonian!  (okay, actually from Pearland).   I've attended a couple of Tandy classes and I would really love to get a chance to visit and learn from you, if you're offering.  (sheepish grin).  In fact, right now my dream job would be to work part time for a custom leather shop when I retire, even as a hangaround, just so I can learn more about the craft.      

~JL

JL,

Great to hear from you!

Everything is packed for the move and waiting for my building to be delivered. Covid and the freeze....... go figure :( .

Keep me posted on your projects and I'll do the same.

Michael

barbedwireleatherstudios@gmail.com