Nightshade

Binding attachments

ISO binding attachments for a Cowboy 3200 and Juki DNU-1541S

I've found that they exist but can't find where to buy them

We have a Cowboy dealer in Toledo, Ohio. Have you asked him?

Bob Kovar just sent me a photo of a 25mm wide mouth folder attachment for a CB3200. He has it in stock! Contact him at 866-362-7397.

I've never heard of ISO sewing parts.  They all may fall under one umbrella, but individual parts?  Maybe I'm not understanding correctly.  

48 minutes ago, Gregg From Keystone Sewing said:

I've never heard of ISO sewing parts.  They all may fall under one umbrella, but individual parts?  Maybe I'm not understanding correctly.  

ISO = In Search Of I guess  ;)

4 hours ago, Nightshade said:

binding attachments for a Cowboy 3200 and Juki DNU-1541S

If you search Amazon there are plenty that will fit the Juki DNU-1541S.

Sample search of Amazon.ca for Double Fold Clean Finish Top & Bottom Binding Binder Attachment - 38mm (which is 3/4") for $16.00 Cad

For the Cowboy 3200 you either have to buy an special attachment plate / foot / feed dog housing and 90 degree binders or get someone to make a plate so you can use the inexpensive binders.

kgg

8 hours ago, Constabulary said:

This is correct. ISO is short for In Search Of. It means the same as WTB (Want To Buy)

20 hours ago, Constabulary said:

This is why I'm here, to learn things.  Thanks for the explanation.  I guess I'm reading too much into things!!  

The International Organization for Standardization (ISO; / ˈaɪɛsoʊ /) is an international standard -setting body composed of representatives from various national standards organizations. Founded on 23 February 1947, the organization promotes worldwide proprietary, industrial, and commercial standards.  It is an indicator that a business is putting a quality product out.

For the Cowboy CB-3200 this is the most promising binding setup I have found. I just now installed it on my CB-3200 for the first time - I haven’t sewn with it yet. It’s made and sold by Kwok Hing. It’s the only synchronized binder setup I know of for the CB-3200. It should fit any Juki TSC-441 class machine and, surprisingly, also the Durkopp Adler 205.

08EC4A5A-09A3-41EB-BDFA-E9063D1438B6.jpeg

08EF1E46-2DAB-44CC-B9D7-DC92AC45F28C.jpeg

79319496-9E46-4C06-BB57-5969D7B1C0D9.jpeg

F200609E-2A63-452D-9066-4980CBD58482.jpeg

4F104B45-9B56-4879-88F4-4BF7F958033C.jpeg

AE5F9A23-C6B2-4A25-977A-D7742803578E.jpeg

E2CC6CBF-AF32-4746-982B-1EACE8C70221.jpeg

Edited by Uwe

25 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I just now installed it on my CB-3200 for the first time

What is the cost??

kgg

1 hour ago, kgg said:

What is the cost??

kgg

2D673D97-7BC7-436D-8800-A7F1909EDD97.jpeg

Thank you Uwe. It is a nice conversion method of achieving 90 degree synchronized binding. For us Canadians the cost converts to $ 372.32. 

kgg

Thanks for sharing the details of this Uwe. Looks very interesting. Do let’s us know how you get on with it and what the capabilities are.

Hope it works out well

Thanks for posting those pics Uwe! You're always at the front of the pack with cool innovations like this   I was wondering if you have tried using any right angle binder block?  I've purchased some  from you for my 335 in the past and I'm curious if they would be usable with this setup. 

On 2/14/2021 at 10:11 AM, Uwe said:

2D673D97-7BC7-436D-8800-A7F1909EDD97.jpeg

-

Damn .. saying that is   .."very reasonable price".   is understatement on that hardware kit receipt you just posted . Those Pic's you posted, sell themselves .

& Very affordable price to purchase and have a wide selection of different Throat sizes. to have on hand for binding different thicknesses of materials.

Edited by nylonRigging

My invoice pic above shows a KHF2 tape folder that may not work well with this combo. I recommend using the KHF441 tape folder, which was designed to be part of this set.. 

I had to make three small modifications: filing about 1mm off the tip of the arm to clear the ridge on the 3200 (should not be required on other 441 machines; the ridge is unique to the 3200 design).

76734214-F522-43C3-B9EE-E273DC1E9695.jpeg

The thick shim piece under the tape folder also needed one edge filed down a bit to line up properly with the mounting slots on the tape folder.

51FFA908-2A38-4600-8023-B4C23060EEBA.jpeg

The feed dog also was a fraction of a millimeter too wide to fit the mounting slot on my 3200 - this may also be a 3200-only issue. I filed it down a bit and all was well. 

73DD403D-D218-4E7B-A2C9-3D0788C19289.jpeg

I ended up using two 20mm long M4 screws to attach the tape folder to the arm. The included screws weren’t quite long enough. 

Edited by Uwe

Much appreciate the Info, and also the time you are taking putting it to Pics. and Posting . It really helps cutting down on some of the modification headaches that are always there when your getting new  'sight unseen' hardware for a machine .

Edited by nylonRigging

These pictures look fantastic.  Here is a gif I made up using a light box and turntable.  Something I've been playing with.

S585GIF.gif

On 2/14/2021 at 10:57 AM, Uwe said:

For the Cowboy CB-3200 this is the most promising binding setup I have found. I just now installed it on my CB-3200 for the first time - I haven’t sewn with it yet. It’s made and sold by Kwok Hing. It’s the only synchronized binder setup I know of for the CB-3200. It should fit any Juki TSC-441 class machine and, surprisingly, also the Durkopp Adler 205.

Uwe, any pics of items that you’ve sewn with it? 

I see Kong Hing are requesting bank transfer only as a means of payment. Was the transaction all ok for you Uwe?

@ZigZag I ask for a Paypal invoice when I place an order. After placing an order, they email an invoice with shipping cost and a Paypal link to send payment. Shipping usually takes less than a week. Works for me. I’ve been buying parts from Kwok Hing for years and my experience with them has been very good, no complaints. 

@Anubis78 I don’t have a motor hooked up on my Cowboy 3200 at the moment. It’ll be a little while before I get to do actual sewing on that machine. I’ll post a video and photos when I do get to it.

@Gregg From Keystone Sewing I’m lucky that both my workshop (sunroom) and my dining room are essentially natural light boxes, flooded with light from multiple sides, especially on a bright day. My iPhone 12 Pro has a wicked good camera that seemingly does the rest. That’s a cute animated GIF!

I too have purchased multiple items from Kwok Hing and each one has been a very good experience. As Uwe said, they always send me a PayPal invoice for the entire transaction.

Thanks Uwe, good to know you have had good experiences with them. I feel more confident about placing an order. Much appreciated.

On 2/18/2021 at 4:41 PM, Uwe said:

My invoice pic above shows a KHF2 tape folder that may not work well with this combo. I recommend using the KHF441 tape folder, which was designed to be part of this set.. 

I really Jones'ing to get these parts-in, and for giving them a going over, and mount them on the Artisan 441 clone . . On the ( KHF 441 ) part . . 9mm opening and a 26mm binder fold, is the smallest option on that part # . but that is GTG and satisfactory for me for some heavy bag binding.

Great looking website with a lot of nice looking accessories  . easy Log-in, and I have had all the items in my Cart trying to order the 441 Binder parts . Was Easy to get it all together , But... I got an item by mistake in Cart twice  ( X 2 ) , and For some reason I can not delete , ( Site Glitch wont delete follow threw command and update Cart change ) . I have tried many times to delete the item in cart. and pay for ( x1 ) .  I still waiting for a return contact back by email so I can get some new play toys .

....thanks for the heads-up on the Parts in this Thread .