Sign in to follow this  
Hansstahl

Seiko Cylinder arm lsc or lcw

After reading about mahcines for the last few weeks, I have a better idea of what I'm after.  work that will be done is wallets, bags, belts etc.  nothing thicker than 8mm (max), mix of chrome and vegtan

I'm looking at two machines, both cylinder arm.  Both now have servo motors.

Seiko LSC-8BLV-1

and

Seiko LCW-8BL-1

My main question is do you think they would be suitable for the work required? Foot clearnace seems ok etc. 

Secondly the seiko manuals say both are #22 needle machines, meaning thread size 135 in tex.   I'm asuming they will take others needle sizes too, but how do I find this out?  I think 135 tex would suit most of my work but I'd like the option of somthing a little thicker.  Is this possible?

Apologies, I'm very new to sewing machines and trying to wrap my head about all the different models available. 

4 hours ago, Hansstahl said:

Secondly the seiko manuals say both are #22 needle machines, meaning thread size 135 in tex.

My understanding those models are similar to the 335 class of machine and use V69 thread. I would recheck the manual / check with the dealer again as the info I found is the needle size are for #16 and #18 which makes it able to take V69. The #22 is the bottom end of the V138 thread but for thick / sticky / tough materials you may have to go up to either a 23 or 24. I would look at class 341 / 1341 machines.

kgg

On 2/14/2021 at 4:06 AM, Hansstahl said:

Thank you KGG, i've now spoken to someone who has this machine and he has enlightened me to the sizes it's capable of running.  Cheers

What did they say?