Sign in to follow this  
shoepatcher

Lost a valuable member of this Forum yesterday

i received a text from Al Shovitz 's wife Stella that  (EVO160 on this site) this morning that Al had passed away from Cancer yesterday.   Tough loss.  He had contributed greatly to a lot of members on this forum.  I had known Al for over 8 years and we had helped each other with questions and answers, especially  with Claes shoepatchers.    

glenn

Please pass along my sympathies to Stella. Al will be missed.

I´m sorry to hear that. Just as Glenn said, we also had a couple of good conversations mainly about Singer 45K´s and their parts. Al actually did by far the best 45K restorations I ever have seen. The best was just good enough even on spare parts. I remember I offered him some Adler parts that fit the 45K´s as well but he refused and kept looking for the OEM Singer parts. Some here may remember his efforts on Japanning the machine bodies.

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/73078-first-try-at-japanning-on-a-restoration-project/

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/83226-first-try-at-japanning-on-a-restoration-project-the-conclusion/

Rest in peace Al.

Edited by Constabulary

Al was an instigator of many an interesting thread..The "japanning" ones were classics..
RIP Al.

Very sorry to Hear that Al has passed away and we will surely miss him a lot here on the forum. Please pass on my condolences to Stella from me Glenn. RIP Al.

Very sorry to hear.

I really enjoyed his attention to detail and will always remember his japaning project.

To this day it makes me smile picturing that 45k hanging halfway out of the oven.

Well done ... rip

I'm a new member to this forum but am already benefitting from the friendly help of other forum members. Sounds like Al was a thoroughly decent chap who gave generously of his time and knowledge to help others. My condolences and thoughts are with his family. 

So sorry to hear about Al, we had quite some conversation and topics about Singer 45k. As Folker said he had one of the best restoration work in 45k ever. So sad to hear of this news, rest  in peace Al, you will be greatly remember by many on this forum  

Tony