Sign in to follow this  
twebber

Vintage Singer industrial class 16 machine

I have what I believe to be a Singer industrial Class 16 machine, which I hope to use for making bags. I do not know the actual model number, the serial number is G5856178. It does have a two-part foot like a walking foot. I just had it serviced and tuned. However, it is still not working correctly. I was able to sew two 6” lines and it broke the top thread. Now I cannot get it to sew at all, it is not catching the bobbin thread. Any ideas?

I am also looking for a manual and a few parts. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. 

11 hours ago, twebber said:

I just had it serviced and tuned. However, it is still not working correctly. I was able to sew two 6” lines and it broke the top thread. Now I cannot get it to sew at all, it is not catching the bobbin thread. Any ideas?

Yes. Contact whomever serviced and tuned it and have them do it again and ask them to show you what went wrong. It could be the needle is inserted incorrectly, or the timing wasn't tightened down and it slipped from a thread jam, or the needle bar slipped from impact.