MountainMakinMomma

Juki LS -1342 clone -TechSew 4800Pro

Good morning! Does anyone have an opinion about the TechSew 4800 Pro possibly being the best clone for the JUKI LS-1342? Any opinions about TechSew in any direction? 

thanks so much!!

Hi,

I have a 4800 Pro and I'm very happy with it. For the most part I'm sewing #207 on top and #138 on the bobbin with it but I've gone #277 on top and #207 on the bottom on occasion. This machine will sew that #207 top/#138 bottom all day long and I'm sure it would do the same with #207 top and bottom but there's not a lot of room for #207 thread on that M size bobbin. The machine arrived sewn off with #69 and while I haven't done much with that thread size I've done some work with #92 thread and was happy.  Realistically, #207 is about as high as I'd want to go for regular use on this machine. If I was going to do a lot of work with #277 thread I'd be looking at moving up to a 441 clone.

My dealings with Techsew have been nice and smooth. I also bought a SK-4 bell skiver from them. I can't speak to the "American experience" as I bought and shipped the machines in Canada but there's a fellow on the forums here under the name of "veryoldpilot" in, I believe, Florida who just got a 4800. Hopefully he'll see your post and respond with more information.

All in all, I'm very happy with the machine and Techsew.

Regards,

Arturo

I also have a 4800 Pro and am very happy with it- although I don't have much to compare it to since its the only machine I've used! I have been running mostly 138 top and bottom though with no problems- it seems to really like this in the 12-15oz. range, which works great for me. I also have run some 207 at closer to 22-24 oz., and while it took some fiddling, I was able to get some good results making adjustments mostly on intuition. I like the EPS, but again I've never used a machine without one, so that may not be something you're keen on if you're not used to it. The laser guide seems to be unnecessary to me, but it may show its strength some day. I also feel the 3 presser feet and 8 bobbins included in the pro package along with the other tools and extra needles and thread will get me pretty far without having to order a bunch of other stuff right away. I've contacted Techsew twice and they've been nothing but helpful both times. I did have an issue with my bobbin winder not being set up right, but my problem was solved quickly with just a few helpful emails. And I am in Ohio and received my machine about a week and a half after I ordered it, if that tells you anything... I did pay for the lift gate service since I have a pretty long driveway and the driver was able to just drop it in my truck and I was good to go! Not sure if that helps or not but I just thought I'd share my experience!

On 2/18/2021 at 6:04 PM, Arturomex said:

Hi,

I have a 4800 Pro and I'm very happy with it. For the most part I'm sewing #207 on top and #138 on the bobbin with it but I've gone #277 on top and #207 on the bottom on occasion. This machine will sew that #207 top/#138 bottom all day long and I'm sure it would do the same with #207 top and bottom but there's not a lot of room for #207 thread on that M size bobbin. The machine arrived sewn off with #69 and while I haven't done much with that thread size I've done some work with #92 thread and was happy.  Realistically, #207 is about as high as I'd want to go for regular use on this machine. If I was going to do a lot of work with #277 thread I'd be looking at moving up to a 441 clone.

My dealings with Techsew have been nice and smooth. I also bought a SK-4 bell skiver from them. I can't speak to the "American experience" as I bought and shipped the machines in Canada but there's a fellow on the forums here under the name of "veryoldpilot" in, I believe, Florida who just got a 4800. Hopefully he'll see your post and respond with more information.

All in all, I'm very happy with the machine and Techsew.

Regards,

Arturo

Thank you so much!! Really appreciate your time the feedback!! 

On 2/18/2021 at 6:40 PM, JustPete said:

I also have a 4800 Pro and am very happy with it- although I don't have much to compare it to since its the only machine I've used! I have been running mostly 138 top and bottom though with no problems- it seems to really like this in the 12-15oz. range, which works great for me. I also have run some 207 at closer to 22-24 oz., and while it took some fiddling, I was able to get some good results making adjustments mostly on intuition. I like the EPS, but again I've never used a machine without one, so that may not be something you're keen on if you're not used to it. The laser guide seems to be unnecessary to me, but it may show its strength some day. I also feel the 3 presser feet and 8 bobbins included in the pro package along with the other tools and extra needles and thread will get me pretty far without having to order a bunch of other stuff right away. I've contacted Techsew twice and they've been nothing but helpful both times. I did have an issue with my bobbin winder not being set up right, but my problem was solved quickly with just a few helpful emails. And I am in Ohio and received my machine about a week and a half after I ordered it, if that tells you anything... I did pay for the lift gate service since I have a pretty long driveway and the driver was able to just drop it in my truck and I was good to go! Not sure if that helps or not but I just thought I'd share my experience!

It does help a lot! Really appreciate the details and your feedback! I pulled the trigger, can’t wait to get it next week!

Glad to hear it. Techsew has some good videos on Youtube on the 4800.

Regards,

Arturo

Sorry for hijacking this thread...
Has anyone used the binding attachment? I pulled the trigger on a 4800 a few weeks ago. Hopefully it will ship soon. Great customer service so far. 

Hello! I received my machine a couple weeks behind schedule- UPS freight had lost it for a couple weeks! - then I left town for a few weeks- just now getting a chance to set up my machine and hopefully turn it on! :0) I ordered the binding attachment- have not used it yet. Have you been using yours? 

Hi MountainMakinMommaI'm thinking about getting this machine and thought I would check and see how you're doing with it. Are things progressing nicely? Can I ask where you ordered yours from? Thank you. I hope all is going well!

DasMike, I just noticed you have a pretty new one as well. How is it working out for you?