Sign in to follow this  
BergSteiger

Lurker from Washington

Hello!

I'm John, I've been a lurker on this forum for years.

My interest in working with textiles started about 10 years ago while I was in the Navy, when I worked late on some machines for shop access to fix a torn rucksack I needed to repair ASAP, which pulled me in to accumulating and fixing old sewing machines as a hobby.

I've enjoyed being able to make alterations to equipment for specialized applications, and to make leather goods for my family and friends.

10 years later, and I've decided to leave the Navy to pursue Mechanical Engineering.

As I felt I did not have much experience to contribute, I never got around to making an account here until last year.

I'm planning for this hobby to turn into a supplementary income for my family while I pursue my degree.

Facing a new living situation and a smaller workspace I will be downsizing my collection of machines to only what I need to make items like belts, bags, wallets, etc. And a few favorites of course.

Thanks for helping me fix machines all these years!

John

Welcome to de-lurking!