LZpattern

www.leathercraftpattern.com

www.leathercraftpattern.com

Professional leather patterns and tools

The best way to boost your market selling is innovation, not the old skill and thinking set, Embracing Change!

Edited by LZpattern

@LZpattern  Members or businesses wishing to place more than 20 ads per year are requested to donate to the site to receive a "Dealer" designation. Dealers will receive preferred placement consideration and banner ads on the site's resource listings.

1 hour ago, Northmount said:

@LZpattern  Members or businesses wishing to place more than 20 ads per year are requested to donate to the site to receive a "Dealer" designation. Dealers will receive preferred placement consideration and banner ads on the site's resource listings.

This company should not be offered the choice to be a banner ad as they just sell copyright designs copies from the major bag makes like Hermes. we should support copyright laws and protect the owners of them

1 hour ago, chrisash said:

This company should not be offered the choice to be a banner ad as they just sell copyright designs copies from the major bag makes like Hermes. we should support copyright laws and protect the owners of them

I see lots of patterns and such being traded back and forth here.  Copyrighted Tandy patterns for example. 

There are a number of things that go into how you would prosecute this particular matter.  First, are they selling copies of drawings and instructions produced by Hermes or whoever?  Did they copy those original documents?  Many people copy the look of a finished product or picture of one.  If they use the Hermes name or logos, that is definitely copy right infringement, even if they didn't copy their original documentation.  Another area to consider is patent law.  Was the article patented in their country?  If so patent infringement action may be taken against them. I assume that if they sold the patterns to a person that lives in a country where it was patented, action could be taken against them. 

Have you ever made an article that looks like one that someone else made?  If so, the point you are taking without knowing all the details might be considered to be copyright infringement under your view.

I'm not judging one direction or the other as it's not my place to.  I was attempting to point out to LZPattern this is not the place to spam with free ads.  They want to be part of the group here, they should pay their way like many others do.