Sign in to follow this  
ClayB

Kathy's Class

Kathy recently taught a carving class in a Tandy store in Denver. I am really sorry for not posting it to the calendar, I have no excuse for missing it ::( She sent me a few pictures of the class project and I really like it. So much that I have begged her to let me hang it on my wall. Here are a few pictures that show the detail she gets into her carvings.

Kathy__s_horse.jpg

Kathy__s_horse2.jpg

Kathy__s_horse3.jpg

Kathy__shorse4.jpg

There might be a tutorial coming later this year on this project. How cool would that be???

post-12-1191634981_thumb.jpg

post-12-1191635011_thumb.jpg

post-12-1191635034_thumb.jpg

post-12-1191635054_thumb.jpg

That would be way cool! She really knows how to nail the perspective and skin textures, it looks very realistic.

Kate

Well, the presure is on! I'm trying to get something done for competition, or I would do the tutorial now. I know, here I am wasting time on the computer while I could be working! I have to take a break to figure out how to fix what I messed up! :head_hurts_kr:

I can't carve an animal without putting as much detail in it as possible. This horse really should have a fly or two on it. Mine always do!

Kathy

Ha - Flies! Hey, no pressure, hon... but if and when you decide to post something, we will be looking forward to it. You go, girl!

Kate

Edited by CitizenKate