This is a revision from a previous long wallet I made a while back.. customer wanted dark brown so I had to dye some veg tan as I didn’t have any dark brown buttero on hand (buttero is my leather of choice) 

Pattern is pretty simple might have to make some revisions and add some snaps or something but the customer likes it and I hope you do as well. 

Leather is 2.0oz wicket and Craig veg tan hand dyed with fiebings mahogany color. Inside is lined with black buttero and the thread is .45mm waxed black linen thread spaced at 3.38mm and the edges are finished with black uniters heatable edge paint.

as always comments and critiques always welcomed. 

1FE9FED9-BEDD-41B9-A43B-D9588F0D710D.jpeg

1BB78F96-7A3B-4D66-876C-6C9DA65DE059.jpeg

C38DAEA6-C1FC-4CD9-89C2-2646BC8046DD.jpeg

555D279D-EE76-49BA-8F0C-FA1BBA49EF9A.jpeg

D200EF73-DA4F-4849-A1F1-324E2636C5F7.jpeg

Edited by CastleLeatherWorks

Looks pretty clean. You ever make one like that before? I'm curious about the square corners on the big pocket and how they work out in the long run. DO they curl out at all?

1 hour ago, battlemunky said:

Looks pretty clean. You ever make one like that before? I'm curious about the square corners on the big pocket and how they work out in the long run. DO they curl out at all?

Thank you...This is the first one that’s going out in the wild so only time will tell..

I questioned the square corners myself and was going to put a small radius on them but decided not to because I don’t do that to my wallets. So basically just to keep my work consistent looks wise.

I have the prototype long wallet I made about 10ish months ago and it’s holding up well. Not a whole lot of actual use but it gets banged around the shop pretty often lol I never sold it because while I know the leather will stretch the pockets are a tad on the tight side.

I like how the different shades from the day give it a really nice aged look.  And the lining makes it look really professional.

On 2/25/2021 at 5:36 AM, JayEhl said:

I like how the different shades from the day give it a really nice aged look.  And the lining makes it look really professional.

thank you ! i like the different brown tones as well. i think that was like 4/5 coats of dye applied with a sea sponge. then finished with Aussie leather conditioner worked/pushed in and let it sit overnight.