wkleather

Medium weight cylinder arm short list

4 hours ago, DonInReno said:

Just today I received a Japanese 206 hook from a US supplier.....then I notice an identical hook being sold by Evernice on eBay - but it ships from Wohan China.    While it is possible Japanese hooks are being imported into China then exported to the US, it seems much more likely these are counterfeit, and the hook I was sold is probably also counterfeit.  

0532216F-B613-4A35-BC12-7C863C0C4B46.jpeg

It's my guess that if you had both in your hands you could tell the difference. 

4 hours ago, DonInReno said:

it seems much more likely these are counterfeit, and the hook I was sold is probably also counterfeit.  

That wouldn't surprise me in the least. In Ontario the police raided a large shopping mall a couple of years ago and a lot of stores in the shopping center were selling counterfeit / knockoff/ clone, call them what you may, items. This seems to be a problem right across the board. If the price seems to good chances are something is a miss.

kgg

I have a new machine, a Seiko cw-8/Consew 227r clone, with the badge New Tech Gc-8b. Its solid and way better than i expected at 1000usd. They go for 1200 at Goldstar Tool. I was hesitant to buy but after trying to get a similar auto cylinder arm direct from China off Alibaba and having  zero luck with untrustworthy companies I called goldstar talked directly to the owner David and ordered. It totally blows away my Singer 153k103. And it goes 7.2mm stitch not 5mm like its spec. Thats with 138/92. with 138/138 its 6.2. Binds and sews zipper foot 6.2 with 138/92. My old singer could bind kind of and zipper nada no feet make it work that way really with decent stitch length. Only a 3/4hp servo on the old Singer vs a 1hp on this New Tech machine so thats a difference as new motor has adjustable start speed and acceleration where my older consew csm1001 has no adjustability. 

It came with a sew off and oiled from factory not dry and binded up etc no issues with slop play etc. I am happy which i never really was with my 55 year old cylinder arm. 

was the machine you got automatic oil distribution with a pump?

10 minutes ago, Zzzeve said:

was the machine you got automatic oil distribution with a pump

The Seiko CW-8 you manually lub them. I don't know of a cylinder arm machine that has a oil pump.

kgg

the GC-8B does. At least mine came with a pump, but it was not connected and the instructions that came with the machine are for manual oiling. The tech sew 4800 (?) also does.

On 3/1/2021 at 4:17 PM, DonInReno said:

Just today I received a Japanese 206 hook from a US supplier.....then I notice an identical hook being sold by Evernice on eBay - but it ships from Wohan China.    While it is possible Japanese hooks are being imported into China then exported to the US, it seems much more likely these are counterfeit, and the hook I was sold is probably also counterfeit.  

0532216F-B613-4A35-BC12-7C863C0C4B46.jpeg

Interesting Don! So, I'm wondering if you returned it? Were you able to verify if this is an Authentic Koban hook?

19 hours ago, Zzzeve said:

At least mine came with a pump, but it was not connected and the instructions that came with the machine are for manual oiling. The tech sew 4800 (?) also does.

I just looked at the 4800 and it does have a pump but you still have to manually oil certain points on the machine. I am not sure what the pump is oiling.

kgg

6 hours ago, kgg said:

I just looked at the 4800 and it does have a pump but you still have to manually oil certain points on the machine. I am not sure what the pump is oiling.

kgg

there seems to be quite a few wicks and tubing going from the oil pump connector, but who knows, since the manuals are not easily available :-(

PXL_20220314_213432655 with arrow.jpg

Edited by Zzzeve
edited image