Sign in to follow this  
BergSteiger

3 Puritan OS XL Hi Post

Will trade for Union Lockstitch parts.

For sale are 3 single needle Puritan OS XL Hi Post machines for production work.

Very heavy, probably 150 pounds each. Two have some surface rust on the wheels. DISCLAIMER: I've never used them to make anything. The wheels spin freely and all assemblies appear to move and function as intended.

Made for heavy work, punches through 3/4 inch of leather like butter. As they are capable of stitching a textile to plywood or sheet metal they work well for making hard luggage and instrument cases. I decided I like to stick to simple things like belts, wallets, and bags. Tables and motors are not included.

From Puritan:

Luggage: Portfolios, attaché and brief cases: camera, instrument and musical instrument cases; golf club covers; handbags, medical bags and school bags; sample cases, and utility kits; footlocker and trunks. 

Sporting Goods: Golf bags (sides, tops, bottoms, cuffs, rings, collars): footballs and Cricket balls; body and head protectors, guards and pads; baseball gloves and mitts; punching and striking bags; athletic supporters; hockey, ice and roller skate boots and shoes; saddlery.

Please research and understand the pros and cons of a lockstitch vs a chainstitch and their appropriate applications.

$400 each, or make an offer for the lot. Will also trade for Union Lockstitch parts.

80D8CCAC-863E-489A-B710-A319BCDC3A7A.thumb.jpeg.c4b72b1fed3ea9fd5a35466bb2737dc0.jpeg

161DCF95-F938-4B45-95BB-E29CF1EB6C1D.jpeg.d8991d1c43460f3ecaadc231cc501895.jpeg

Edited by BergSteiger

I can't find this navigating from the regular forum, did I put it in the wrong area?

Thanks

John

I found it okay....  :wave:

On 2/24/2021 at 9:24 PM, BergSteiger said:

Will trade for Union Lockstitch parts.

For sale are 3 single needle Puritan OS XL Hi Post machines for production work.

Very heavy, probably 150 pounds each. Two have some surface rust on the wheels. DISCLAIMER: I've never used them to make anything. The wheels spin freely and all assemblies appear to move and function as intended.

Made for heavy work, punches through 3/4 inch of leather like butter. As they are capable of stitching a textile to plywood or sheet metal they work well for making hard luggage and instrument cases. I decided I like to stick to simple things like belts, wallets, and bags. Tables and motors are not included.

From Puritan:

Luggage: Portfolios, attaché and brief cases: camera, instrument and musical instrument cases; golf club covers; handbags, medical bags and school bags; sample cases, and utility kits; footlocker and trunks. 

Sporting Goods: Golf bags (sides, tops, bottoms, cuffs, rings, collars): footballs and Cricket balls; body and head protectors, guards and pads; baseball gloves and mitts; punching and striking bags; athletic supporters; hockey, ice and roller skate boots and shoes; saddlery.

Please research and understand the pros and cons of a lockstitch vs a chainstitch and their appropriate applications.

$400 each, or make an offer for the lot. Will also trade for Union Lockstitch parts.

80D8CCAC-863E-489A-B710-A319BCDC3A7A.thumb.jpeg.c4b72b1fed3ea9fd5a35466bb2737dc0.jpeg

161DCF95-F938-4B45-95BB-E29CF1EB6C1D.jpeg.d8991d1c43460f3ecaadc231cc501895.jpeg

I see that it's in the wrong section, machinery and leather cutting, anyone know how I can delete it?

7 hours ago, BergSteiger said:

I see that it's in the wrong section, machinery and leather cutting, anyone know how I can delete it?

Members can't delete posts/threads.  You can edit within a short time frame around 2 hours.  You can ask a moderator to move posts/threads to where they should be.  Your duplicate post is here.

https://leatherworker.net/forum/topic/94472-3-puritan-os-xl-hi-post/