jackalopes

Consew 206RB-1 Adjust Reverse Stitch Length

I'm trying to adjust the reverse stitch length on my 206RB-1 and can't seem to figure out how. It looks like I need to get in and adjust the Feed Regulating Screw, but cannot seem to figure out how to gain access to it. Any ideas on how to adjust the reverse stitch length to more closely match the forwards stitches?

206RB-1 Feed Regulator.jpg

That's not how it works.  In some cases the reverse lever plate is worn away, or something else is off.

haven´t touched a 206 yet but system looks a bit like Pfaff.  On Pfaff machines sometimes the #10 is worn or mounted 180° rotated / upside down. Maybe yours is mounted that way and reversing it will give you a better result. Just a guess.

The easy thing to try is to put a small shim/washer/wedge under the cover plate 24; either at the top or bottom, depending which direction you need to shorten to match the other. That cover plate 24, along with part 10 determine where the lever that regulates stitch length stops. Putting it at a slight angle  will shift the stitch length balance one way or the other.

On the Adler 205-370 that cover plate is not flat but has steps and different thickness, which fine-tunes stitch length balance. You can also use sliding hard stops under the cover plate to dial in perfectly matching forward/reverse for one particular stitch length and material combo. 

Here’s what the cover plate on my Adler 205-370 clone looks like, showing the steps. Looks like a good candidate for custom 3D printed part, too.

2C40BAA8-86CC-4E85-8C58-817EF2A9E460.jpeg

This picture shows the sliding hard stops you can use to dial in one particular forward and reverse stitch length independently and with high precision.

8DD07B06-CB29-4DFE-A8FD-212BD6BDA839.jpeg

Edited by Uwe

No parts on the reversing lever appear to be worn, nor do any parts on the machine. It's almost like a new old stock machine! I do like the idea of placing a shim under the cover plate and I might even print up a new #10 part with slightly different dimensions to make up for the differing stitch lengths.

Any other ideas on how to resolve the differing stitch lengths? 

In the past when reverse stitch length had to match exactly I’ve simply added a strip of white electrical tape next to the reverse lever and marked the position it needed to be in with a fine point sharpie.   Not a very elegant solution, but it works.  Lol 

Does anyone know, or have literature for adjusting the stitch length on a Consew 206RB-1?

The max stitch length I am able to get is only about 5mm, I think it should be closer to 6.5mm.

Also, I would like to adjust the forward/reverse to match more closely. 

Interested in factory type adjustments, not the Bubba type.

Much appreciated. 

Jason 

20220128_174033~2.jpg

Edited by falcoln51

On 2/2/2022 at 8:23 AM, falcoln51 said:

Does anyone know, or have literature for adjusting the stitch length on a Consew 206RB-1?

The max stitch length I am able to get is only about 5mm, I think it should be closer to 6.5mm.

Also, I would like to adjust the forward/reverse to match more closely. 

Interested in factory type adjustments, not the Bubba type.

Much appreciated. 

Jason 

Hey Jason, on mine, there is a cam (accessed from under plate on top of the machine) that has two screws. It is right next to the large cam and fork. There is an arrow on it and a slot on the main shaft. If you loosen the two screws and rotate the cam on the shaft a little bit, it will change the stitch length as well as the forward/reverse proportion. I hope that helps.