HAYLEY996

How to remove Quick Rotan and Digitial

Hi, I have a Pfaff 335 with all this quick rotan and quick digital attachements on it. It is also 3 Phase, which I have at my house so that isnt a problem. I also have the manual for the quick digital. I have been through it extensively but I still dont understand it. I also have a 145 and a 138 which are basic and no digital attachements, they are in their original state - which I like. So my question is can I just remove everything, put a servo motor on it without changing any mechanism on the machine. I am not very technically minded but my husband is so before ripping everything off I just want to make sure its okay to do it and I can turn this machine back into a  NON SCARY machine - currently its running at an enormous speed and it frightens me. I sew hat wigs and sewing hair is not easy so I have to be VERY slow and precise. Thank you all very much for your help.

20210208_142213.jpg

20210215_142720 RESIZED.jpg

20210208_144147.jpg

7 hours ago, HAYLEY996 said:

It is also 3 Phase, which I have at my house so that isn't a problem.

Three phase power comes in different voltages and configurations, so if the voltage is higher than what your machine is rated for that could be the problem.

On 2/27/2021 at 9:58 PM, LatigoAmigo said:

Three phase power comes in different voltages and configurations, so if the voltage is higher than what your machine is rated for that could be the problem.

Hi LatigoAmigo - thank you. How will I know what voltage my machine is set to, surely this is the voltage of the motor rather than the actual machine bloc? Thank you

15 minutes ago, HAYLEY996 said:

Hi LatigoAmigo - thank you. How will I know what voltage my machine is set to, surely this is the voltage of the motor rather than the actual machine bloc? Thank you

With all the electronics removed, a new servo motor rated for your household voltage will be fine.  Don't connect to the old 3 phase connection.  Before you pull it apart, check the voltage at the lamp so you know if you need a new lamp or bulb.  As long as your machine doesn't have electrically operated presser foot or other electrically operated bits, you can pull all the junk off.

21 hours ago, Northmount said:

With all the electronics removed, a new servo motor rated for your household voltage will be fine.  Don't connect to the old 3 phase connection.  Before you pull it apart, check the voltage at the lamp so you know if you need a new lamp or bulb.  As long as your machine doesn't have electrically operated presser foot or other electrically operated bits, you can pull all the junk off.

Hi LatigoAmigo, thank you once again. The 335 is exactly the same bloc as my 145 only canon, I have no light on either and there are no electronically operated systems but I have a feeling the quick rotan on the side and the box on the back operate the needle set position and possibly the needle cut which I am used to operating without one, The 3 phase is a pain even for me and the weight of the motor is restrictive, plus its 3.8KW, Im not sure what I will ever need to sew with that. I like basic mechanical systems which are predictable and straight forward. I have enough computer systems around to know I dont need any more. I will order a new servo and rip the lot off. Thanks for all your help, I will let you know how I go on.