Sign in to follow this  
chrisash

Help with speed reducer

Just got around to fitting my speed reducer and have a problem that there is not enough room on the left of the cut-out to fit the reducer but space available or the right hand side

The speed reducer has the large wheel on the right side and small wheel on the left, and i need them switched around but not sure how to do it

Please can anyone explain as i don't want to pull it apart and fail to put it back properly, there seems to be a cap of sorts on the far end holding it all together but no apparent way to remove it, and at the other end the opposite side to the support bracket there is what appears to be a grease cap and under that a bolt

This is the same type of reducer

If anyone in the UK is interested they are sold in Germany at 45 euro with 25 euro postage to UK plus import vat from info@sieck.de

speed reducer.jpg

If you take the grease cup off there's a set screw you need to loosen & it will slide out.

Many thanks Bob looks like a simple solution, your help on the forum is first class and if i lived in the US no doubt i would come to you as first choice