Stewart

Mermaids of Weeki Wachee Springs Fla.

I do a lot of these types of scenes on 4 inch  x  6 inch leather.

My aunt was one of the first mermaids and this going to her.

that's one of the reason I like doing these, to capture family memories.

i will complete the painting then go back over and smooth  out the paint lines.

DSCF60117.JPG

20 hours ago, Northmount said:

Keep up your work, and your family history and memories.

Thank you. It has been rewarding for me to be able to do them.

It's finished just need to seal it .  Skin tones are a pain. the tent of the leather changes 

the application of paint. I can not leave it just natural. I use Bullseye shellack to seal and it darkens ray leather.

The spot is a fleck of lent.

DSCF60126.JPG

That's nice.... I remember going to Weeki Wachee as a kid and seeing the mermaids. 

It is so cool that your aunt was one of the first mermaids.  Keep up the good works. They awaken memories in most of us of our childhood.

The fishing themed ones really grab me.  Might be fun to be grabbed by a mermaid too!  Places we fished, under old railroad trestles, along canyons in the Black Hills, not much room for mermaids....

19 hours ago, maxdaddy said:

That's nice.... I remember going to Weeki Wachee as a kid and seeing the mermaids. 

Same here. Went to the Church camp on the river also.

13 hours ago, MikeRock said:

It is so cool that your aunt was one of the first mermaids.  Keep up the good works. They awaken memories in most of us of our childhood.

The fishing themed ones really grab me.  Might be fun to be grabbed by a mermaid too!  Places we fished, under old railroad trestles, along canyons in the Black Hills, not much room for mermaids....

Thank you.   I do enjoy creating the scenes And bring back memories. I have to remember that  there are other regions

that people have memories of. 

seems i need to feed the critters around here

IMG_0141 copy.jpg

Darn, remind me not to go fishing THERE!!  Nice!  All my trail cams show are coyotes and white tails.  And one neighbors cat.

i look at your stuff three or four times a day at least. I am inspired every time. My fishin memories are from a small stream in the mountains  full of Brookies have went there with my family all my life every fourth of July but haven't seen one mermaid there.

23 hours ago, MikeRock said:

Darn, remind me not to go fishing THERE!!  Nice!  All my trail cams show are coyotes and white tails.  And one neighbors cat.

It don't hurt none. Same on my Cam. Thing is cats don't last long at night.

22 hours ago, chuck123wapati said:

i look at your stuff three or four times a day at least. I am inspired every time. My fishin memories are from a small stream in the mountains  full of Brookies have went there with my family all my life every fourth of July but haven't seen one mermaid there.

Well I was told by a friend That at 2am in your favorite water hole, The fish all turn to mermaids. mind you it was

2:15 am  and It looked like he caught one he said. just saying