A friend wanted a front pocket wallet. I normally make these 2.5" wide but he wanted a 3" wide one, which I think is a little big but thats what he wanted.Also The leather had what seemed like a soft area in it and it kinda wrinkled after opening and closing it a few times. I wanted to make him a new one but he said it didn't bother him at all and he liked the wallet. The Ax Freedom Logo on the front is something he designed , I asked him if I could use it on other works and he said no problem, I kinda like that logo.

wallet Back.jpg

wallet front.jpg

wallet inside.jpg

Edited by Bert03241

That's a unique wallet. What weight leather did you use? In addition to the engraving do you cut the pieces and the stitching holes with the laser? 

The stitching holes look massive compared to the thread

On 3/3/2021 at 9:15 PM, maxdaddy said:

That's a unique wallet. What weight leather did you use? In addition to the engraving do you cut the pieces and the stitching holes with the laser? 

I use 5 to 6oz veg tan. I design to pattern in Corel Draw including the stitch holes then engrave and cut it out on the laser.

On 3/4/2021 at 1:49 AM, chrisash said:

The stitching holes look massive compared to the thread

Yes they are bigger then tread . What I do is only cut the holes on the main piece of leather.Then glue them together and then use my dremel with a small bit to drill thru both pieces, that way the holes always line up perfectly , and hand sew it ,I think  it gives it a unique look,

Cross Draw Sheaths  (2).jpg

Nicely done.  Love the laser engraving.

Thanks , hows things?:wavey:

On 3/3/2021 at 5:13 PM, Bert03241 said:

A friend wanted a front pocket wallet. I normally make these 2.5" wide but he wanted a 3" wide one, which I think is a little big but thats what he wanted.Also The leather had what seemed like a soft area in it and it kinda wrinkled after opening and closing it a few times. I wanted to make him a new one but he said it didn't bother him at all and he liked the wallet. The Ax Freedom Logo on the front is something he designed , I asked him if I could use it on other works and he said no problem, I kinda like that logo.

wallet Back.jpg

wallet front.jpg

wallet inside.jpg

What laser do you use? 

I have a Rabbit USA 6040-60watt Co2 Laser cutter,engraver.https://rabbitlaserusa.com/