Sign in to follow this  
TammyNYC

Loops and skipped stitches on Singer walking foot machine

I have a Singer 111w155 with a new Servo motor. I can’t get even, tight stitches. I’ve had loops on the top and the bottom and skipped stitches. I’m using size 69 thread and sewing through 2 layers of 3 oz. leather for the most part. I’ve noticed it’s better with thicker leather. The screw for the bobbin is so tight that I can’t move it. For that reason, I haven’t adjusted bobbin tension but, adjustments to top thread tension haven’t done much. 

E587D34E-8D2F-4A78-BC2F-66B4DE98D348.jpeg

What size of needle and type of needle (leather or fabric needle) are you using?

kgg

Solve the bottom tension problem first. It may bother you in the future again so better get it done soon.Try to apply some heat to the tension spring + screw and try again. If you have problems reaching the tension screw then remove the bobbin case from the hook. Maybe there is dirt under the spring or spring is worn... just check it. Maybe buy a new bobbin case if you can´t remove the tension spring (check parts number on bobbin case) or the screws are messed up.

For removing bobbin case see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvEsOKqdPZ4

Edited by Constabulary

when i got mine i found the bobbin tension was very poor, ended up taking it apart and found it had made a deep grove under the spring that even a new spring did not help. brought a new bobbin case from cutextilemc on eBay an company in New York at $49 solved the problem and fast service

On 3/5/2021 at 1:58 AM, Constabulary said:

Solve the bottom tension problem first. It may bother you in the future again so better get it done soon.Try to apply some heat to the tension spring + screw and try again. If you have problems reaching the tension screw then remove the bobbin case from the hook. Maybe there is dirt under the spring or spring is worn... just check it. Maybe buy a new bobbin case if you can´t remove the tension spring (check parts number on bobbin case) or the screws are messed up.

For removing bobbin case see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvEsOKqdPZ4

All the screws are impossible to move