Shogun

Techsew 2600 Table

I purchased  a techsew 2600 to do hand bags. So far I love the machine but I have been running into an issue when stitching gussets on stiff bags. It seems that I cannot turn bags around the cylinder arm when stitching becuase the U table gets in the way. I don't understand why they designed the table opening so narrow for a cylinder arm machine. It almost renders the machine useless when making these types of bags. Is there a work around for the limitations of this U shaped table? Are there easy options to purchase a pedestal style table that will fit the machine without too much modification?

Thanks 

Dave

Yes, most likely you can easily mount one on a pedestal stand. However I have an older 441 clone on a table and wanted to put it on a pedestal style table/stand as well. However when I priced them out, I almost choked.  Too cost prohibitive for me.

You could enlarge the table opening. I’ve done that on a  couple machines. Not that big a deal to do, and makes a great deal of difference in the use of the machine. 

On 3/6/2021 at 3:51 PM, RemingtonSteel said:

Yes, most likely you can easily mount one on a pedestal stand. However I have an older 441 clone on a table and wanted to put it on a pedestal style table/stand as well. However when I priced them out, I almost choked.  Too cost prohibitive for me.

Thank you and your absolutely right about the cost. I'm starting to realize this myself 

8 hours ago, Hockeymender said:

You could enlarge the table opening. I’ve done that on a  couple machines. Not that big a deal to do, and makes a great deal of difference in the use of the machine. 

I have thought about this and I have even done this to an old table that I had. It worked fine but it's not the prettiest job. Im trying to avoid taking the jigsaw to my brand new piece...its just so pretty right now lol

I’d be tempted to add a new smaller top to the existing legs.  

8A5BE70A-0B50-48DA-988F-9124E3FF6A46.jpeg

20E15903-A45F-4602-A6E9-64BED87B94B7.jpeg

4F61003A-4961-4D48-BC85-440981C0A90A.jpeg

I think Don is on the mark here. I've already got the measuring tape out. LOL

Regards,

Arturo