BLT

Workbench holder for straps

I’ve seen several videos where a strap or belt is set on edge within some sort of slotted apparatus that supports the strap. It allows the edge to be burnished. Since I’ve never seen one from any distributor I assume it is DYI. Has anyone seen a plan for the device?

I agree. It surprised me to see the strap burnished by hand. Thanks for the response. 

I believe I saw Block&Barrel had one in a video. I think he said he made his. If you have access to a table saw you should be able to make one easily enough.

The one I saw - probably in that same video - was just a slat of wood that had been run through a tablesaw once or twice to get a suitable slot. Useful for both hand or hand-held machine burnishing (think Dremel or drill with one of those cocobolo burnishing tips.)

I glued two pieces of wood to a thick paint stirrer stick, and the slot is just right for my belts.  I got the center piece a bit crooked, but not enough to matter.   I also bought a burnisher that I can use with my drill press, but haven't had a lot of success using it ...any hints?

I lay my longer pieces on the edge of my bench, put my 4ft drywall straight edge on them and clamp that to the bench. I can burnish away without the strap / belt flexing. I've also just clamped the belt to the straight edge, that works too.