immiketoo

Leather Weight

I use these while tooling to stop things sliding round.  I finally made one of my own.

229FC0CE-DF86-4AB2-AF83-B50C27CB8DBB.jpeg

5A1EE65B-267A-4576-9A84-9BD15BA746B8.jpeg

That beats a chunk of steel that seems to leave marks. What did you use for filler?

Love the worn flag look.

4 minutes ago, blue duck said:

That beats a chunk of steel that seems to leave marks. What did you use for filler?

Love the worn flag look.

Thanks!  This one has steel shot.  Next one will be different I think.

Darn good thing to have on the bench. I made one for myself, lead shot, only because I have bags of lead shot here. Mine's no where near that purdy, though!

I just lined the bottom of an old 6 lb sad iron with some leather. Painted the iron yellow so it is a tad happier. Nowhere near as refined as that weight though. 

That flag detail is really cool Mike. Is that a stitching wheel tracks outlining everything? Cool regardless of how you did it man, and clean as a whistle.

4 hours ago, alpha2 said:

Darn good thing to have on the bench. I made one for myself, lead shot, only because I have bags of lead shot here. Mine's no where near that purdy, though!

I’ll probably use lead next. It’s heavier and cheaper.  Super handy to have!

3 hours ago, battlemunky said:

I just lined the bottom of an old 6 lb sad iron with some leather. Painted the iron yellow so it is a tad happier. Nowhere near as refined as that weight though. 

That flag detail is really cool Mike. Is that a stitching wheel tracks outlining everything? Cool regardless of how you did it man, and clean as a whistle.

Lol...those old irons are great!  Yeah just a stitch wheel to make the fake stitches.

Nice work, remains me of the old lead shot bean bags we used to hold down engineering drawings but yours is an awful lot nicer.

kgg

7 hours ago, kgg said:

Nice work, remains me of the old lead shot bean bags we used to hold down engineering drawings but yours is an awful lot nicer.

kgg

Thank you.

That turned out a treat Mike.

8 hours ago, kgg said:

kgg

KGG, ours were suede filled with fine gravel or sand. No where near as cool as Mike's

Edited by Aven

3 hours ago, Aven said:

That turned out a treat Mike.

KGG, ours were suede filled with fine gravel or sand. No where near as cool as Mike's

Thank you!

Very nice!

Excellent! Very useful too.

Very nice! Love the flag. I use a couple of lead "muffins". Left over lead from decoy weights. I put some leather on the bottom. Gotta weigh 3 or 4 lbs.

awesome!