Hags

Chest rig for a Glock 19

Just finished this chest rig for a Glock 19. The person elk hunts and wants his handgun on him when he packs out his game.

IMG_20210310_170652_598.jpg

Edited by Hags
Spelling

that looks really nice ! would like to see some pics of the rest of the rig like hook up points that sort of thing looks like the black nylon strap go's around the back to the plastic buckle and a leather strap go's down to the belt to keep it from moving when you pull the gun out it looks really great thanks for showing

He's picking this up today. I'll try to remember to get pics.

He's picking this up today. I'll try to remember to get pics.

Here's pics of the front and back, and how it goes together. I've enclosed a pic of all the parts and pieces on a grid background for reference I also included a the modified pancake pattern for the attachment points. The patterns I make using jlsleather.com method. He is a contributor here and his write ups are free and well worth the money!

20210311_130047.jpg

20210311_130708.jpg

20210311_121437.jpg

I use Chicago screws to connect it all together 1 inch welded rings and YKK buckle on the right. I've had one customer buy 2 holsters,  and just swap them out. That is heavy 1 inch nylon webbing. I use Hermann Oak 7/8 oz for the holster and HO 4/5 for straps and attachment  loops, 7/8 for the back tringular (almost) piece.

@Hags Your making some pretty nice chest rigs for Glocks.  Never made a checst rig before, but after looking your last several post about them, I might just have to try making me one.  I gotta ask though, for the chest strap, whay nylon and not leather?  Is it purely for better adjustability?  Also on left O Ring (as your wearing it) there is a nylon strap and a leather strap, does the leather strap have a belt loop on the end to anchor the reverse draw side? Anyway, thanks for sharing and nice work!

42 minutes ago, RemingtonSteel said:

@Hags Your making some pretty nice chest rigs for Glocks.  Never made a checst rig before, but after looking your last several post about them, I might just have to try making me one.  I gotta ask though, for the chest strap, whay nylon and not leather?  Is it purely for better adjustability?  Also on left O Ring (as your wearing it) there is a nylon strap and a leather strap, does the leather strap have a belt loop on the end to anchor the reverse draw side? Anyway, thanks for sharing and nice work!

Nylon just seemed to work better, no reason it couldn't be leather. I just felt it would be softer around the back, personal choice I guess. Also, leather would require a buckle of some sort? Again personal choice. The leather strap on the left is a belt loop that goes to the belt that holds the holster taut during the draw. I found that without it, you could draw the weapon, but it was a much longer/sloppier process. With even a loose belt attachment,  the draw is much shorter and eliminates the desire to use the opposite hand to help. It's the thinner strip in the photo on the cutting mat. I put a line 20 snap on the belt end, the one with 2 smaller holes. The other end is for a Chicago screw adjustment with room for adjustment by the customer.

Also,  I make them for just about every gun you can imagine. If you can make a holster for it, you can make it a chest rig. My niche here on the Olympic peninsula is hunters that pack out game, backpackers that can't use a hip holsters, equestrians that the saddle interferes with a pancake holster,  people that can't wear a pancake holster for various reasons, and I've heard a bunch of reasons.. I hope this helps..

Edited by Hags
Spelling and content

Clean lines, tight stitching, nice color .... I LIKE IT.  I'd want a bit less vertical for my wrists, but this is clean work ;)

Thank you, this is a direct result of you sharing you design process.

Beautiful job!  Dang it, now I wanna build one of those!