Montybrown

Zigzag 10mm wide machine questions

Zigzag machine questions. This is my first posting, so please bear with me if I fumble something here. This site is kinda challenging to navigate easily. What are some of the "common", heavy duty, trouble free machines out there. I'm sewing leather patches/handles/embellishments,reinforcements ect onto 30oz Cotton canvas. Not unlike Klein tool pouches, for reference. Walking foot for its positive feeding abilities is probably what I need. V-138 thread is my happy place. A counterpart to my CB3200.  Thanks !

Edited by Montybrown
Completion

Machines with that set of specs are rare, I’d say. 

Here’s one example you might be able to source through a Cowboy/HighTex dealer. Chances of finding somebody with hands-on experience with this machine are slim. You’ll likely be the first. Report back!

This Hightex 9204ZZ design appears to be based on the Durkopp Adler 204, which is definitely in the same class as your CB3200 in terms of capability:

Thanks for the input ! Next week I'll be recieving my brand new Consew 146RB-1-A1. And my "previously owned"JUKI  LZH-1290 is getting lots of money thrown at it right now for repairs in a shop. My goal in becoming a new member of this group is to educate myself by circling myself with smarter people than me. I'm so "over" buying used machines.  Every single one of them has been more headache than I expected. I'm hoping that one of these recent purchases will be the end of my search for a sturdy reliable (wide) zigzag machine.  

3 hours ago, Montybrown said:

Thanks for the input ! Next week I'll be recieving my brand new Consew 146RB-1-A1. And my "previously owned"JUKI  LZH-1290 is getting lots of money thrown at it right now for repairs in a shop. My goal in becoming a new member of this group is to educate myself by circling myself with smarter people than me. I'm so "over" buying used machines.  Every single one of them has been more headache than I expected. I'm hoping that one of these recent purchases will be the end of my search for a sturdy reliable (wide) zigzag machine.  

Wow.. Nice  .. you went and pulled the trigger on a new 146 RB . That Consew is a strong puncher, lay's down nice stitches, and well design machine, will last you minimum of a few decades .... LOL
Like all sewing machines . ALL have there plus/minus's . ( IMHO ) I think the only minus with this line of Consew, is limited design/selection of presser feet . But if looking for a combo-straight stitch/zigzag, That one is 'proven' to be a strong everyday workhorse machine .

I bought a new 146RB1A over 20+ years back and have no regrets, I jump behind that thing at least once every day for something, was a good investment .
I run ( 2 )  combo/Straight/zigzag stitch machines . setup heavy and one setup light . the 146RB for a 'thumper' and a old Swiss. 217 Bernina for more finesse . Keeping a ZigZag in your arsenal comes in SOoooo handy to jump behind for even doing a quick Butt seam, and even use it for quick (hidden) Tacking to hold together layered panel items,when putting things together .

Edited by nylonRigging