Ssvacha

Cobra 8810 or Pfaff 591 for shoe making

Good evening!

I am looking to purchase a post bed machine for shoe making and have narrowed my search to the Cobra 8810 or the Pfaff 591.  I was curious to get any suggestions between the two. The Pfaff has quite a few features that the Cobra doesn't but the electronics concern me (thinking about the additional chance of something needing repaired).  The Cobra seems more heavy duty which makes me question its ability for lighter work. 

What are your thoughts (pros/cons). I want a triple feed system, the flexibility of doing light and medium weight work, and a machine that will give me many years of use. 

Thanks in advance!

I am a old fart that hates electronics, spares are the first thing that become unavailable after a few years, and the ability to repair electronics by the average engineer is normally well past their ability, and even if the cost of fault finding is horrendous 

Electronic bells and whistles can safe money in mass production and can make things (sewing) more comfortable as long as they properly work. So it depends on your output and how comfortable you like it. But as chrisash said these bells and whistles can turn into a money pit when they go faulty after a few... years? If they last - great - if not it´ll be expensive.

Since you are in Ohio - why not checking with Toledo Sewing Machines so you have a local dealer who can help you

https://www.tolindsewmach.com/cb8810.html

Edited by Constabulary

Thank you both for your replies. I think I am going to go with the 8810. I checked Toledo seeing machines and see they have the Cowboy model. Is this the same as the Cobra - just a different brand - or are there reasons to go with one brand over another?

Thanks,

Shawn

The 8810 works great but doesn't have reverse 

I´m pretty sure Cobra and Cowboy 8810 are the same machine. If you need reverse you can have it optional. It´s the CB-8810R then - check the Toledo website at the lower right end.

Never underestimate the advantage of having a dealer locally.

Is reverse worth the added expense?

42 minutes ago, Ssvacha said:

Is reverse worth the added expense?

My post machine doesn't have reverse. I can easily spin the work around to lock in the stitches, or sew all the way around and over them, or lift the feet, pull back and sew over a couple stitches.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:00 AM, Wizcrafts said:

My post machine doesn't have reverse. I can easily spin the work around to lock in the stitches, or sew all the way around and over them, or lift the feet, pull back and sew over a couple stitches.

Hi Wiz- I have a 8810 for sale if you happen to know anyone. I'm willing to cut a deal & help pay for shipping. Got it from Leather machine co in CA. 

Thank you

Lynn Johnson 

lynnjohnson5000@gmail.com

Thanks for your help. Bought house in RI and its a fixer upper. Could really use the extra funds. I have other items as well I'm willing to let go of as well to tidy up. 

Lynn

314-805-1507