JamesRiley

Two belts, two holsters, two sheaths

I'm not in the same league as you folks, as I'm just a beginner, but I've done some work I find tolorable.  The belt with the .45 is not mine (factory) but I got bigger over the years and had it lengthened.  I wanted the same deal for a .22 I just bought so I copied it with two rows of cartridge loops.  I did another belt with a single row of loops.  I also copied a factory holster (with the 1851 in it), only made it shorter for my Colt .45.  And then I made one for my Uberti SAA 12 shot from a form I bought at Tandy.  I like the laced front.  I also made a knife sheath out of some roughout I had laying around (it has the knife in it).  I don't like it much, because it's kind of flimsy, but I also made a heavier one and "stamped it" with the impression of the knife handle (a fossilized baculite I found on the Powder up in WY).  I like it.

Anyway, lots of hand stitching on those loops but they are tight and plenty.  Thought I'd share.  I'm a work in progress. 

Leather 1.jpg

1 hour ago, JamesRiley said:

I'm not in the same league as you folks, as I'm just a beginner, but I've done some work I find tolorable.  The belt with the .45 is not mine (factory) but I got bigger over the years and had it lengthened.  I wanted the same deal for a .22 I just bought so I copied it with two rows of cartridge loops.  I did another belt with a single row of loops.  I also copied a factory holster (with the 1851 in it), only made it shorter for my Colt .45.  And then I made one for my Uberti SAA 12 shot from a form I bought at Tandy.  I like the laced front.  I also made a knife sheath out of some roughout I had laying around (it has the knife in it).  I don't like it much, because it's kind of flimsy, but I also made a heavier one and "stamped it" with the impression of the knife handle (a fossilized baculite I found on the Powder up in WY).  I like it.

Anyway, lots of hand stitching on those loops but they are tight and plenty.  Thought I'd share.  I'm a work in progress. 

Leather 1.jpg

your stuff looks great! I like that round buckle it looks like a cinch buckle. i wore a cinch buckle for years on my belt until i out grew it also lol, now my son wears it. 

Awesome work!  I wish I was in YOUR league!

Not sure what "league" yer on about, but those look purdy good ;)

Excellent work! Keep it up and you will get even better but for now you can be proud of your accomplishments.  I like the way you lengthen your belt and all three look good.  

The holsters are top notch.

Thank you all for the compliments.  The benefits of a distant photo hides many of the not-so-professional mistakes I made.  That why I didn't do close ups.  Not yet!  LOL!  I'll save those for the "Critique my work" forum when I get a little braver.  

I've seen some close up work on this board that really shows the skills and expertise that comes with experience.  I'm still learning to slow down and not be so end-oriented.  I hope to improve when I slow down into enjoying the process.  It is fun.  I want/need to spend more time with that swivel knife and finding that casing sweet spot.