Hoarder

Singer 211-A1121K Information needed

Hi all, I've searched high and low and found only one mention of the 211-A1121K at industrial sewing machines. Mine has an air foot lift and is missing the walking foot height adjustment and some other stuff I think. I am looking for any and all info on this machine. Parts/service/user anything. 

singer211.jpg

afaik all 211 models have a cam on the top shaft for adjusting the walking foot height. You either have a push button on the top of the machine near the cam or there is a hole where you an insert a screw driver to block the cam and then rotate the hand wheel clockwise or counter clockwise

let me check if I have a manual....

Unfortunately there are not manuals for all the 211 sub classes so you have to crawl through the 211 manuals available. Look for 211G, 211A, 211U manuals. Some may contain more information for your machine than others.

U and A are made in Japan, G is made in Germany.

This is an extract from a 211U manual but does not cover your specific sub class.

I also attach the complete manual. Hope this helps.

211footheight.jpg

Singer 211U157A_165A_166A_566A THE MANUAL.pdf

Edited by Constabulary

Thank you for the manual and picture. My machine has a custom lid which excludes the push button. Looking inside, my machine does have the original lifting eccentric adjusting disc identical to the manual. Mine also has a custom linkage and arm on the outside which allows adjustment for the walking foot. I'd be safe to assume it had a pneumatic height adjuster to go with the pneumatic foot lift. There are shiny marks at max and at min depth inside the external adjuster slot, and no shiny marks in between. Just saw that the arm for the pneumatic foot lift is broken. I was hoping to get away with some aluminum angle, 316 threaded rod, and a couple jamb nuts... Nothing is ever simple.

singer2112.jpg

Whenever I see pneumatic foot lifters it automatically reminds me of worn out factory machines that have been repainted two, three or four times and ridden hard. 

Yours looks like it’s still the original paint - that little made in Japan sticker on the back would have been painted over and not replaced.  Looks like a nice machine!

No doubt this machine was worked HARD. The thread guid on the needle rod has been welded back on and one linkage that moves the walking foot has been welded. So far the hardest thing to find are the "style U" bobbins. I found prewound all over epay, but no metal bobbins. Sailrite has similar spec bobbins, little smaller tho. Atlaslevy has "U" bobbins so I'll grab those. I stopped by the Sewing Machine Shop in Monroe and asked. He never heard of "U" bobbins in his 50+ years repair history. He ordered some that he thinks will work, fingers crossed. I didn't get ANYTHING I went after (bobbins, hinges, corner cushions), but did leave with two more machines.... A Singer 2491 D300A, table, motor, and a Jado Singer strap sewing machine complete with air. The Jado Singer is coooool... Mash the pedal and it sews the square with X automatically. 

But I gotta say, he was the kindest most generous person I've come across lately. 

12 hours ago, Hoarder said:

So far the hardest thing to find are the "style U" bobbins. I found prewound all over epay, but no metal bobbins.

Lots of popular machines use the "U" style bobbin....searching for *bobbins Juki LU-563* will pop some up.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cutex-Pack-of-25-Juki-LU-1508N-LU-1560N-LU-563-Metal-Bobbins-With-Storage-Case/164249790612?hash=item263e0ce894:g:xHMAAOSwVVBe6phJ     ...as an example.

-DC

13 hours ago, Hoarder said:

I didn't get ANYTHING I went after (bobbins, hinges, corner cushions), but did leave with two more machines.... A Singer 2491 D300A, table, motor, and a Jado Singer strap sewing machine complete with air. The Jado Singer is coooool... Mash the pedal and it sews the square with X automatically. 

Lol - I like those kind of trips.    

The juki lu-563 bobbin is a size U and the part number is  #B-9117-563-000

Searching for that part number will bring up a lot of options.   Genuine Juki bobbins are quite nice and expensive, but the import bobbins are very affordable.

Thank ya'll. Got that number on post-it note. 

On 3/25/2021 at 11:17 PM, Hoarder said:

Thank you for the manual and picture. My machine has a custom lid which excludes the push button. Looking inside, my machine does have the original lifting eccentric adjusting disc identical to the manual. Mine also has a custom linkage and arm on the outside which allows adjustment for the walking foot. I'd be safe to assume it had a pneumatic height adjuster to go with the pneumatic foot lift. There are shiny marks at max and at min depth inside the external adjuster slot, and no shiny marks in between. Just saw that the arm for the pneumatic foot lift is broken. I was hoping to get away with some aluminum angle, 316 threaded rod, and a couple jamb nuts... Nothing is ever simple.

singer2112.jpg

How did this work out for you?  I am considering a similar one.

Hey Hoarder,

Did you have any luck with your machine? I just picked up a similar machine, from the same seller, he seems to be selling a bunch of them. Mine does have the cylinders which both work ok if I feed air into them. The foot lift should be simple to connect a foot pedal valve into, though the climb cylinder I'm not sure if it was just valve operated, which would be just full up or down, or if it was something a little more elaborate for more variable control.

I'm attaching pictures of mine to show what the complete assembly looks like. I'm also unable to find much information on how it was used in operation.

22-01-08 14-30-27 6713.jpeg

22-01-08 14-27-35 6709.jpeg

22-01-08 14-27-26 6708.jpeg

Not the right machine for leather except for probably making purses out of the thinnest leather.

This machine was designed for high-speed work on textiles and maybe for some vinyl leatherette.

Thank You DrmCa for your input. Nowhere in this thread was there any discussion about what this machine is right or wrong for, or can or can't do.

I was simply providing photos of the air cylinder that another member had questions about.

Thank You.

This was for posterity. Others might find this thread and deduce from this site purpose that this machine could be used for leatherwork.

I use mine every day for leather and it works super

Chiming in in case anyone else also pics up one of these 211A1121 variants with the pneumatic remnants still installed. Like JEP1's unit pictured above mine did not come with a bobbin winder on the top, same pneumatics. I am sure there is a better solution regarding the floating presser foot pneumatic plunger parts - but I just stuffed a part of a bolt into the floating area of the cam after removing all the pneumatic stuff. This rigged what was the floating plunger in the "up" position.

824207870_22-01-0814-27-356709.jpeg.5fbb1579116e114fbf48418845bc8396.jpeg.215da1bff2bae8594b3647a64c73e988.jpeg

Also, while there is button to adjust the lifting eccentric, there are spots in the gear ring where the button would do its work, so you can just hold still with a screwdriver and rotate the handwheel to accomplish the lifting eccentric adjustment.

but I just stuffed a part of a bolt into the floating area of the cam after removing all the pneumatic stuff. 

Great minds think alike...

I did something similar with my A1121. 

What I really want to find is a non-air bracket for that part so I can remove the cylinder altogether.   Having that cylinder and the fat bracket prevents you from installing a conventional foot lift.  It takes up too much space between the bracket and the body so the foot lift lever won't fit in there. 

Knowing what I know now, I probably should have bought a more common 211.  Still I rebuilt it and it sews well. 

On 9/15/2023 at 9:52 AM, Quade said:

Great minds think alike...

I did something similar with my A1121. 

What I really want to find is a non-air bracket for that part so I can remove the cylinder altogether.   Having that cylinder and the fat bracket prevents you from installing a conventional foot lift.  It takes up too much space between the bracket and the body so the foot lift lever won't fit in there. 

Knowing what I know now, I probably should have bought a more common 211.  Still I rebuilt it and it sews well. 

Did you happen to add a belt guard, if so - do you have a part number or link? I was rolling without one, but almost sucked a rag in there. I have one for a 591, but doesnt seem to fit right.

Edit, found it at the end of the parts list [412216]:

Screenshot 2023-11-16 153307.png

Edited by ta79pr
additional info