palvim

LS-1341 forward and reverse stitch misaligned

Hi All,

I have purchased a LS-1341 type sewing machine. Everything works really well. The only thing that is annoying me is that the forward and reverse stitch lengths are not the same. I looked in the engineering manual and they have a picture and steps but I don't really understand where this part is on the machine. Could you please take a look at the pics from the engineering manual and steps i have attached here and guide me where this is to be found? Would be even better if someone could take a picture on their actual machine to show which part. 

Thanks a lot,
Vimal.

forward reverse.png

forward reverse1.png

I don’t have the machine to take a photo, but this diagram shows where that part is located inside the machine. You’ll have to remove the top cover panel to get access to it.

ACA3B325-430F-4F42-A4FE-A1C8227BD541.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I don’t have the machine to take a photo, but this diagram shows where that part is located inside the machine. You’ll have to remove the top cover panel to get access to it.

ACA3B325-430F-4F42-A4FE-A1C8227BD541.jpeg

Thanks Uwe! Is the red arrow on your diagram pointing to the exact place in my diagram? 

Yes, I added the red arrows to point at the part shown in your original diagram.

The part they want you to rotate will be an eccentric bolt (an off-center bolt, it “wobbles” as you rotate it.) When you rotate it, you will in effect lengthen or shorten that connecting arm a very small amount. 

Mark the original position off the eccentric bolt with sharpie pen before you make any changes. This way you can move it back to its original position if you need to. 

Here’s a picture of what an eccentric bolt looks like The picture is NOT your exact bolt, just an example. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Uwe

I was going to post a new thread asking the same. Thank you so much @Uwe

The manual says to make any adjustments with the stitch dial set on 6mm. I managed to match both forward/back stitches at 6mm like a charm, but I noticed it begins to change (offset) when I set the dial to 4mm or below. Is that normal?

Thank you for your help.