JeffB957

Alabama checking in y'all

Hey there,

Just saying hello from Athens, AL. Still new at this, but here is a sample of my work. 

Wallets, I also do dog collars and other small leather goods.

IMG_20201102_072116_555.jpg

IMG_20201102_072114_564.jpg

Edited by JeffB957

On 3/26/2021 at 10:34 AM, JayEhl said:

I've kept my projects no matter how crappy.  (yea, the box is getting full... :) )   I just have to remember to put the month/year on it so I can go back and reflect on my progress.

LOL, I still have my first coaster from the Tandy project kit.  It makes me cringe but reminds me how much I've improved so I won't get so hard on my self when I do flub up.  

Hello, JeffB957!

Barbed Wire Leather from Cleveland, Texas.

I'll share a story of my improvements in leathercraft. I have been practicing leatherwork since 1965 and have giving away my projects to family members as gifts along the way. I never expected this! When my father passed away several years ago and we were looking thru his belongings, I discovered, he stored all of this leatherwork I had given him away and never used what I had given him. I was so embarrassed to see my first projects. They were so primitive but, to him they were priceless and he stored them for safe keeping. With that said, I got a real snapshot of the progress of my leatherwork, OMG!

No matter how bad are good you think you are there is always things to improve on. I improve on every project. Leatherworkers on this site share their knowledge, and I really appreciate it and don't thank them enough. It's a process and a labor of love for me. In closing, I thank everyone here for their knowledge and their relationship that are found here. :) Keep up the good work! 

Great result for a beginner, I really like it!

Hi there, Moulton, AL here. Im pretty new also. 

For me one of the (many) fun parts about leather work isn't always the finished product.  It's the journey of learning and sharing your joy with others.  

Howdy and welcome!!!!  I'm in Decatur, myself.  Originally from Hickory Grove (west of Moulton) then lived in Athens a few years.

Howdy neighbors and others. From Huntsville here. Been at it a while (hobby level for about 6 years now) but nowhere close to being where I want to be.

I used to live in Florence and Birmingham (Bessemer).  Very nice memories.  

Hello from Hartselle. I've been quiet here for awhile due to a total knee replacement and am in between knees atm. After surgery was put on blood thinners so felt it wise to stop playing with knives and needles temporarily. I hope to become more active again after the second knee gets done. I'm a hobbyist closing in on two years experience. It's a great hobby with unlimited potential. Keep it up!