Sign in to follow this  
FreebirdMKT

Leather edge creaser

Good day, could anyone direct me to manufacturer of decent Leather edge creaser or know a way to make them.  Thank you!

Ive been using a cheap 1.5mm creaser that i got from amazon almost 2 years ago. it was like $10/$12 and its been working fairly well. i use it with a little tea light candle to heat it and it does the job. i know there's more expensive ones you can purchase but they're basically the same profile and will do the same job you know... the amazon one is pretty well built for the money.... i did have to use some sand paper to smooth out the edge on the tip of the creaser as it was digging into my projects going around tight curves and contoured the handle a bit so it doesn't aggravate my thumb when applying pressure.

Im planning on purchasing a fileteuse from rocky mountain leather supply when i can justify the cost, as its not going to be cheap with all the accessories and different tips needed for smoothing paint and edge creasing.

hopefully someone with some more experience can chime in as im curious about other higher end creasers myself and if the cost is justified. 

Thank you, appreciate the feedback, 1.5 seems like a good place to start.  Thinking I can re-profile my old ones to produce the desired crease.