I know the cause is poor maintenance, or time, or both, but what can I do before it gets worse?

This bearing is bad. I know it because if I loosen this 1/2 turn the squeek stops.

Anyone familiar with this assembly that can advise  much appreciated!!!!!!

Charles 

C3leatherworks

Miami Fl.

818694439_Squeek_LI(2).thumb.jpg.501a8e75fe23115da4bad83ba414d84b.jpg

Squeek_LI (2).jpg

Normally this would squeak because it needs oil,make sure to oil the sides of it along with putting some in the middle hole & see if that helps,along with the rest of the oiling points.

Edited by CowboyBob

I will do that and be right back

Oiled holes in the assemble and all next to it. it helped but the galling sound persists. can I disassemble and clean ,polish?

Will that help. Machine still runs excellent .

NOTE: correction- arrow in picture pointed to wrong joint. the joint to the lower left is the noisy one.

I have disassembled , cleaned and  reoiled, but slight noise still heard if run slow.

Edited by chasman52

15 hours ago, chasman52 said:

Oiled holes in the assemble and all next to it. it helped but the galling sound persists. can I disassemble and clean ,polish?

Will that help. Machine still runs excellent .

NOTE: correction- arrow in picture pointed to wrong joint. the joint to the lower left is the noisy one.

I have disassembled , cleaned and  reoiled, but slight noise still heard if run slow.

Did you oil the shafts that go up & down? Like the needlebar,& both of the foot bars?And everything else in there there's around 12 or so places to oil.

Yes I did. I was able to lessen the rub by loosening the screw 1/4 turn. ( the screw left and below the one in the pic with an arrow

I got rid of the squeak for now by disassembling & cleaning these areas up and polishing the screw/pins. highlighted by the arrow.

there was some galling in one of the pins. I smoothed it very lightly with white rough and crossed my fingers.

AFTER AN HOUR, The squeak is gone for now, but i will look into replacing these parts if it comes back.

In the future I will not overlook the required maintenance these area requires. REMOVE THE COVER AND OIL AS RECOMMENDED!!

Edited by chasman52

22 hours ago, chasman52 said:

I got rid of the squeak for now by disassembling & cleaning these areas up and polishing the screw/pins. highlighted by the arrow.

there was some galling in one of the pins. I smoothed it very lightly with white rough and crossed my fingers.

AFTER AN HOUR, The squeak is gone for now, but i will look into replacing these parts if it comes back.

In the future I will not overlook the required maintenance these area requires. REMOVE THE COVER AND OIL AS RECOMMENDED!!

We had a service call from an Amish man ,his machine tied up,my Son went there & in talking with him he found out he never took the end cover off & oiled it & he didn't oil the rest of it very often either ,so he oiled it & it broke loose .Oil is cheap compared to replacing parts!

"Oil is cheap compared to replacing parts!" and the two hours production I lost. 

BoB are those parts available? The screw/pin? the assembly?  cost.?

Bob, thanks for the advise .!!

Edited by chasman52
a thank you