I started leather crafting in January this year and I’m loving it.

here is a multi tool pouch I made

45B4A7DB-ED47-4F26-A696-5636C7C4D61F.jpeg

580B5D26-A6A7-4438-ACE0-251B29F2439F.jpeg

E8173A64-3281-4902-B791-07E85C9D4927.jpeg

Very nice.  It is a great feeling to craft something with your hands, isn’t it?  You are off to a great start.  With time and experience you will improve on all the small details.  Thanks for sharing that project with us.

Interesting how you did your seams. Is that a specific kind of stitching? Or did it just happen that way. I’m very new and trying to learn. I’ve done one multi tool pouch but I’d be ashamed to post a pic of it lol. I think yours looks great. I was trying to learn to use a machine and trying to set up and adjust the machine all at the same time and obviously the seam ripper is not your friend when working with leather. 

I just made the holes in the one piece with a stitching fork and poked them through with an awl then hand stitched them. It looks a bit neater in the photo than it does in real life 

Thats a good effort for a first piece. You'll get better with each item you make. Next, you'll need to look at 'slicking' the edges 

You'll be seeing how easy veg tan leather can be marked by fingernails and such. When you get them, dampen the surface of the leather and 'burnish' it with the back of a spoon.

Really nice! Now I think I need one, too...

I love the pouch. You should have probably used the thread that is on the snap button patch throughout, but this is just my taste.

What kind of snap is that and where did you get them. All I’ve been able to find are standard line snaps. 

3 hours ago, bigsig11010 said:

What kind of snap is that and where did you get them. All I’ve been able to find are standard line snaps. 

In USA I've seen them called glove snaps.  Nice stuff.

https://www.rmleathersupply.com/collections/buckles-hardware/products/thk-premium-japanese-segma-snaps?variant=13869441548397

https://www.buckleguy.com/brass-snap-fasteners/

On 4/28/2021 at 10:52 AM, bigsig11010 said:

What's the difference?

I have access to quantities of these snaps, and I did not know that they are any special.