ZIIK

Logo on presser foot, who made it?

I have an old presser foot with this logo on it. Does anyone know a manufacturer that use this logo?

In case someone cannot see the illustration it is a horisontal "diamond" shape with an N inside. This shape is used by multiple attachment makers with different letters inside. If anyone knows who use an N it would be awesome!

LOGO.png.5276e93412d933a1ab6a0a7d33ed08e5.png

I realize that I slipped when posting last night. I meant to place this under the sewing machine forum.

Thanks for getting back to me Constabulary. It is indeed a good idea to post the actual logo since my illustration is far from exact. The stamp is not perfectly clear either, so I could be missing some details in the center.

40349.jpg.1fda044ae0d066e7e0ea3bf4cd5add26.jpg

It is a (modified) foot for a Pfaff 141, the part number is clearly visible in the photo.

It is possible to buy the original item (NOS), but it is quite pricey. The foot costs more than the head is worth. 

There are reproduction options for the x34 and x38 machines from the usual suspects, but I have had a hard time finding reproduction feet for the 141. It is a well known fact that there are limited options when it comes to feet for old Pfaff machines but I hope to  find something in order to keep these old beauties running another lifetime.

The feet from Adler 67-62S works too, but they appear to be equally hard to come by.

My next step would be to modify feet from 134 to have the correct offset between the presser bar and the foot. Simply cutting the shank, move lower part forward and braze it back. I just need to get a torch. Modifying the sole is the easy part.

I am open to low shank options or adapters as well if anyone happens to know something that works.

Another idea that crossed my mind is that some Pfaff 142 machines run Singer style presser feet. So it could be possible (have not checked diameters yet) to swap the presser bar for a Singer item and run their presser feet instead.

Finding certain Pfaff feet can be pain. Thats one reason why I like Singer so much -> tons of different feet available. I´m not sure how the needle presser foo bar distance is on the Pfaffs but if it was my machine I would try a plain needle feed foot and lower he presser foot bar. College Sewing is a good source or you may find them a bit cheaper on Ebay.

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/parts-by-type/sewing-machine-presser-feet/needle-feed-lockstitch-feet

Edited by Constabulary

One of those Feet in the link seems to show the same logo

its the logo of one of many far east manufacturer I guess. I have seen it before but who recalls all the Chinese brand names.

On 4/11/2021 at 8:58 AM, chrisash said:

One of those Feet in the link seems to show the same logo

The logo in the link is not the same. It has the same outer shape but a different letter combo inside. If there was an exact match that I missed, please send me the link.

On 4/11/2021 at 8:45 AM, Constabulary said:

Finding certain Pfaff feet can be pain. Thats one reason why I like Singer so much -> tons of different feet available. I´m not sure how the needle presser foo bar distance is on the Pfaffs but if it was my machine I would try a plain needle feed foot and lower he presser foot bar. College Sewing is a good source or you may find them a bit cheaper on Ebay.

https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/parts-by-type/sewing-machine-presser-feet/needle-feed-lockstitch-feet

I tried regular low shank needle feed feet before trying the Pfaff 134 foot. The low shank needle feed feet I tried sit to far back, placing the presser foot pressure behind the feed dogs. It might be possible to find a foot that has the hinge far enough forward, but I have not found it yet.