BeltBro

belt ends other than round / English point

For belt strap ends, English point and round are the two most common. I have looked pretty diligently and found there is very little variety other than that. Does anyone have tips on how to make other kinds of belt ends in a quick manner. Or, does anyone know of where I can buy a punch for other styles other than English point and round?

9 hours ago, BeltBro said:

For belt strap ends, English point and round are the two most common. I have looked pretty diligently and found there is very little variety other than that. Does anyone have tips on how to make other kinds of belt ends in a quick manner. Or, does anyone know of where I can buy a punch for other styles other than English point and round?

You can make a belt end any shape you want just using a knife. I've cut belt ends just square, an off-set V shape, off-set C shape, full V or blunted V as well as 'English' point

8 hours ago, ffjdh said:

There is also the multi use/multi size strap end 

https://www.buckleguy.com/152-2-multi-use-strap-end-punch/

Yes, I looked into that one. I wish they had it available specifically for smaller sizes rather than a two inch “universal” which doesn’t really work for much other than a two inch. 

2 hours ago, BeltBro said:

Yes, I looked into that one. I wish they had it available specifically for smaller sizes rather than a two inch “universal” which doesn’t really work for much other than a two inch. 

I agree, but I’ve seen a picture somewhere showing it can be used with multiple widths.  The more narrow the belt, the less taper on the sides you will have. It still looked good with a 1 1/2 belt.  Down at a 3/4 strap it just had the corners chopped off.

There are a lot of companies these days who will make you a cutter in about any shape you care to lay out.  Some call it a die, some say "punch", whatever. Since you mention "quick", with a little thought, you could lay out something to cut half a dozen at a time.

But I'm not into speed or anybody who uses "bro", so I'll step off this one now.

Edited by JLSleather

sit down with a ruler a compass and a square and make some patterns on heavy paper. Then cut yourself some templates out of leather , wood or plastic.