Runzeigrun

Techsew 5100 Binding attachment?

23 minutes ago, nylonRigging said:

The little flat plate bed, that looks to make a slick little work platform . Nice job.

Thank you.

kgg

Hello, I realise this is an old post, but I hope it is still active.

I recently bought a Cowboy 4500, and I would (also) like to use it for edge binding. 

The Hightex dealer in Germany sells this moving binder for Hightex/Cowboy 4500 sewing machines.

Does anyone here have any experience with this type of moving binder? Any information is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Rob (Netherlands)

IMG_0542.jpeg

A IMO more important question is to ask if he can provide a binder attachment that suits the bindings material you want to use. I guess you want to use a leather tape for biding edges. So the thickness and width of the biding material matters as well as the thickness of the edges you want to bind.

Edited by Constabulary

@Constabulary: thank you for your reply. I am only sewing tactical and outdoor gear using Cordura fabric and nylon webbing. I want to be able to do edge binding on the inside of bags, and on the edges of K9-collars with nylon binding tape. Ideally I would like to be able to use various right angle binders, depending on the thickness of the project. I am curious if there is a way to use my sewing machine for normal sewing and edge binding without canging the needle plate and feed dog…