RevMoore

Gladiator Inspired Armor

When I started my leather odyssey a couple of years back, I in typical me fashion decided to go big. So, I developed an idea inspired by the gladiatorial armor from the Spartacus shows. I figured along the way, I would learn and learn I did as I can see a huge difference from where I started to the parts I am producing now. The general idea was Gladiatorial armor cobbled together from parts of vanquished foes armor. Every thing on here was created by me other than the welder's sleeves that I built my sleeves onto. I started with the Right sleeve which was a metric F-ton of punching the scales out with with English belt tip tool and 1/2 in Hole punch. then stamping them all with a crossed axes stamp before edge painting them (no sanding heat... I had no idea what I was doing and that was well before I found this Forum). then the were all riveted to the sleeve. I then made the body of the piece to mount the sleeve onto. Followed by the Original Collar pieces and the Right Shoulder pad adorned with a reaper Skull, and some lettering as well as some spikes. I then set it aside for a while before rekindling my interest in it and working on the Left Sleeve which I talked about in another post (I believe labeled Armored Sleeve). The most recent parts were the new (I replaced the oversized and quite basic original ones) collar pieces. I inlaid some scrimshaw on plastic of Viking Symbols (Vegvisir and Aegishjalmur) and stamped in the English words Honor and Glory translated into runes on them before. I am currently in the process of attempting to make a Sode (Samurai shoulder armor) for the Left Shoulder and possibly a spine guard to cover over the lacing in the back. I'll also, re-slick and burnish the (body) straps as I had no idea how to burnish when I started. Sorry there is no pics on me wearing it, just my gorgeous Model "El Silla". Any questions and or criticisms are welcome as I am continually trying to improve.

Armor.jpg

R Sleeve outside.jpg

R Sleeve inside.jpg

R Pauldron.jpg

L Seeve outside.jpg

L Sleeve inside.jpg

R Collar.jpg

L Collar.jpg

If that’s your journey so far, imagine what the end will be!

amazing work

Man! Great stuff right there!

Thanks to all for the kind words. As always I will endeavor to always get better even if that is through making mistakes to learn from. I'm sure more pics will follow.