ToddW

Looking for some photography of work areas

I am working on a website/shopify site and need some photography of work areas with tools, work areas, leather being hand sewn, leather in a sewing machine, etc..  My stuff is just nice enough for photography..  If anyone could snap a few pictures or have something, would greatly appreciate it.  I have someone helping me with my site and need some marketing pictures and would greatly appreciate some help.  Cool work benches (mine is a mess)..  just looking for some pictures (higher resolution preferred) and permission to use.    Trying to stay away from stock images..  We have decent photoshop skills and clean up if needed..  if you have something, you can email me:  todd at toddwallace dot us (that is a .us domain)

Are you seriously planning on using our photos to market your products? 

I just need some imagery pics.. the website person was looking for workbench type pictures in adobe stock images so I thought I would ask here if anyone has ones they were ok with sharing..  If its a problem or viewed as not cool, I apologize.  The photos of the products are of the actual products I am selling.. 

Yeah, I understood that. But I feel that it's still somewhat dishonest to show pictures of a work area that is not your own. I feel that all pictures on an artists or craftsperson's website should reflect his or her work and environment (seems I'm naïve?). In your place I'd clean up enough so that by zooming in you can get some decent pictures. Just my opinion, though, others may see things differently.

I agree with Klara.Clean up your own work space and take pictures of it. we know you won't you'll go ahead and use stock picture to make people think you have a class act shop so they buy from you. :censored2::nono::ranting2:

Really? Do you think we all work hard just to give OUR stuff away for free so some lazy person can take credit for OUR blood, sweat, tears, and money spent? Unbelievable!

As I said in the earlier post, not trying to steal work, patterns or credit for any work that is being done.  I just needed some imagery like leather on a sewing machine.  I'm no good with photography and really don't have the work bench area that presents well.  The person helping me with website was going to pull some pic's from Adobe Stock images and I thought I would ask here..  Guess I viewed it different as I am not looking for product pictures.  That will be the actual bags..  Anyway, sorry I asked..

As @airplaneguy said! A neat work area is part of an artist's blood, sweat and tears. Look at it this way: A customer might want to visit you - do you really want to stand there as a lier because your workshop is not as represented?

11 hours ago, ToddW said:

As I said in the earlier post, not trying to steal work, patterns or credit for any work that is being done.  I just needed some imagery like leather on a sewing machine.  I'm no good with photography and really don't have the work bench area that presents well.  The person helping me with website was going to pull some pic's from Adobe Stock images and I thought I would ask here..  Guess I viewed it different as I am not looking for product pictures.  That will be the actual bags..  Anyway, sorry I asked..

If you were, or indeed are, in the UK or even Europe and you use 'stock' photos or someone else's photos of their work areas to represent your workspace you'll be in mighty big trouble with UK Advertising Standards

Get your work area sorted out and get a professional photographer in

Edited by fredk

Agree with the above. What you can do is looking for pictures of work space you like and try to recreate them with what you have in your own shop >> product, tools, machines, needles, thread, leather, odds & ends...

I get all the points.. Wasn't trying to stir a hornets nest of reactions nor was I trying to copy or mis-represent others work as my own.  I saw the rolls of leather and pictures of leather on a sewing machine in the stock images and just thought I could do it a different way.  I'll do this myself..  Put up a light box for product pictures..