Bumble

Linzbek servo motor instuctions

I’ve got a Highlead GC24618 leather sewing machine, with a Linzbek LB600C servo motor.  Does anyone have instructions for this servo motor? Or if anyone has this servo motor do you by any chance know how to adjust the speed?  I would like to reduce the speed it goes.  I’ve asked the company I bought it from and despite it saying on their site that you can adjust it with the mode and speed buttons, they told me it’s set up to match the machine and you can’t adjust it.  I’ve searched the Internet for any instructions but had no luck.  Any help would be gratefully appreciated. 

If the dealer says you can't change the speed on the motor because of how it is set up, it could be because your machine has a needle positioning device attached.

If this isn't the case, ask for the adjustments brochure anyway. If they refuse, send it back and buy a Plain Jane analog servo motor with a speed limiter knob and a 45 or 50mm pulley. These are available in the UK.

Thanks Wiz, I’ve had this machine for a couple of years, but now I’d like to reduce the speed to sew some detailed work.  I’ve been told there isn’t an instruction manual.  I’m guessing the servo motor was imported from China and probably only this one company sells it.  I should have checked it had  instructions before  I bought it.  I’m hoping someone else may know how it works. 

3 hours ago, Bumble said:

Thanks Wiz, I’ve had this machine for a couple of years, but now I’d like to reduce the speed to sew some detailed work.  I’ve been told there isn’t an instruction manual.  I’m guessing the servo motor was imported from China and probably only this one company sells it.  I should have checked it had  instructions before  I bought it.  I’m hoping someone else may know how it works. 

Post a closeup photo of the motor showing the readout panel and all buttons.

If its got the normal two switches labelled P & S or similar , then the left button in my case marked P is the button that goes through the variable functions and the right button S is pressed to change the function settings, where if you keep pressing it then it goes through all option's and back to the original setting

After alliterating a setting you press the left button to set the new value

Most i have seen just have two buttons and a display

As Wiz states a photo may help get results from similar models under a different name

I’m guessing this is a FX9 series motor made by FoxSew:

https://www.foxsew.com/sewing-machine-motors/132.html

6614EE9A-C93C-49BA-A38B-4591087C005F.jpeg

Alas, they don’t make the manual available online either. Might be worth a try to send them a message along the lines of  “I have one of your very fine motors and can’t find my manual  . . .” 

I’ve received the instructions.  I haven’t been through them yet, but I’ll put them here, in case anyone else needs them. Thanks for all the help.

After a brief look I’ve sent them a photo of my motor to check these are the correct instructions as there’s no mention of mode or speed rotation buttons. 

Edit, these instructions are not for my machine.  Hopefully they will find the right ones.  I’ll post a pic of the machine these are for on here later in case it’s useful to others.

157489AF-34AD-4A69-A278-2FDC4E0E667F.png

2D6CC4C5-E6A5-4BE4-9B59-46C90A0D8B2C.png

Edited by Bumble

I’ll bet the low speed isn’t adjustable since the description from the Chinese manufacturer only mentions changing max speed.

2). Stepless speed can be controlled by pedal, maximal speed is adjustable; 

.....as does the description from the U.K. company reselling them as linzbek:

The maximum top running speed is 3800rpm, which can be adjusted simply by pushing the speed & mode buttons. “

Yes, I would just like to reduce the top maximum speed, that would be fine.  I thought of playing around with the speed and mode buttons, but was worried without precise instructions I’d mess it up. There’s a chance the Chinese might send me the correct instructions.  I’ve sent them the photo from their website of the motor,  as well as the photo of mine.  

Wondering why sewing machine dealer who market certain motors do not include a translation of the manual or write their own. It may take a few hours to translate them / put together a manual but would save a  lot of trouble I´d say. That for sure would bring them a good feedback for their motors and they probably would sell more when customers recommend their motors.

The picture of the motor shows what appears to be a rather large pulley. If you can obtain a much smaller pulley it will automatically slow down the motor's speed.

Thanks Wiz and I totally agree Constabulary, some companies are great until you’ve handed over the money. Such a false economy.

I still have a digital servo motor I replaced with an analog motor. The digital motor was fitted with a 45 or 50mm pulley. It was just too jumpy when I feathered the pedal. I find that analog motors are much smoother to feather at slow speeds.