Jeff74

Adler 67 gk373 safety clutch

Hi all,

I am some what new to sewing.

At a younger time in life i helped a friend with upholstery and always kind of enjoyed it, mostly the outcome after you got done making patterns and putting it all together. I always found the final outcome very rewarding.....Now skip forward many years.... I was able to pick up an old adler 67 that had been sitting for many many years for dirt cheap.

I am in the process of cleaning it up and bringing life back into it for my own personal use, It has surprisingly come along very well. Everything seems to be in good working order, except the slip clutch. It was frozen pretty solid. So every time i would get a jam it would jump time. I did find the wonderful post on setting hook timing from Uwe. Thank you so much for that, what a great help. After soaking it in wd40 and wiggling it back and forth, i was finally able to get it freed up enough to start moving, Yeay.

Now the problem. I am able to move it however it still seems very stiff to me. I was wondering if there was a way to separate the 2 clutch drum connecting points to clean it out really good? From what i can tell the only thing that holds it together is the collar screws on each piece of the clutch, and the 2 pins that pop into the alignment holes. Im sure those arent the technical terms for it, sorry once again im a newbie.

Thanks so much for any help with what my wife calls "My new hobby"

Thank you very much