RVM45

Belly-Band Holster Tutorials???

Friends,

While it isn't LEATHERWORK, nonetheless it IS a holster.

Has anyone seen any tutorials about how to make your own Elastic Belly-Band Holster? Doesn't seem THAT complicated, but a Guide would be nice.

Thanks.

…...RVM45

As cheap as they are . . . why bother???

PLUS  . . .  before you put down the cash . .  . borrow one from a friend.  His is probably tucked in a drawer to keep it from gathering dust . . . he wore it twice and put it away like all the rest.

I know folks who've had them . . .  still do . . . but they just are not used.

It's kind of like that second spare tire in the trunk . . . just in case . . . but never used.

May God bless,

Dwight

Friend,

As embarrassing as it is to admit—My waist is well over 60-inches. They don't make them that large for the most part.

Also, the older Belly-Band Holsters could be used to carry a PAIR of Pistols. Most of the modern ones only accommodate one pistol—the offside magazine pouch being too small to hold a pistol.

Thanks though.

……RVM45

OK . . . I understand your question and need.

From my own experience . . . my first thought for the "foundation" of it . . . I would go to Harbor Freight and see if any of their back braces are big enough for you.

This one is supposed to be:  https://www.harborfreight.com/lumbar-support-belt-xx-large-94106.html

Making a leather holster of say 6/7 oz that would allow the belt to slip thru . . .  would allow you to reposition it exactly on a daily basis where it is most comfortable or more accessible / more concealable . . . as the day demands.  

You could make two holsters . . . mag carriers . . . etc . . . and move / remove / exchange as you needed to do them.

The big plus for me if I did that is the suspenders.  They would help carry the weight so that the belt does not have to be cinched up really tight.

I have worn this belt many times when working construction . . . it is comfortable for an all day run . . . and made the difference when I was also carrying a 12 pound electrical pouch . . . or 6 or 8 pounds of other misc tools.

And actually if I did ever decide to go belly band . . . this is the way I would go based on past experiences with what is available out there.

May God bless,

Dwight

99% of all "belly bands" out there are junk and safety concerns. There is one actual belly band that is not only modular and can accommodate a kydex/leather holster with actual retention along with other accessories. That one exception is made by UNITY tactical and it's called the CLUTCH. It's also not for everyone, as it was/is a specific requirement made item for a specific target audience.  If the CLUTCH does not satisfy your requirments , then the next thing I would recommend that will likely fit your need is the ENIGMA, made by PHLster. It is by far, one of the most concealable systems currently out there that is both highly concealable and safe.