Okay, my first attempt at a western holster, guns are a little hard to come by over here in England, but a friend who does re-enactment kindly lent me an 1851 Navy colt to work round, I bought a pattern for a plain slim jim holster of of etsy and then modified it from images on line.  Its 6/7 oz veg tan, tooled with a water and saddle soap mix I saw on YT, not dyed just  neatsfoot oil then a resist, antiquing and a finish. All hand sewn. Had great fun doing it and a few problems. There are some tight spots where I have made the pattern a little small had to add a gusset by the trigger guard and made a complete pigs ear of the toe plug.  Will tweak the pattern a bit and then try version two.:rolleyes:

Holster wip.jpg

Holster 1.jpg

Holster2.jpg

Pretty nice! I just bought an Uberti "El Patron" .357 that I will be making something similar for. A Win/Win, a new firearm and the need for a new leather project. Life is good. :yeah:

That’s cool. I’m doing a belt that has classic rifles and pistols tooled all over it, and that’s one of the pistols I might use. It’s so long. 

Overall a good job. I like that type of finish on some of my holsters as well. 

Good work, Nice job on the carving. You no doubt see some imperfections but everyone else sees a functional work of art. Thanks for posting