bgl500

Fly fishing wallet

Hey guys I'm making a fly fishing wallet and had question on attaching the wool to leather. I plan on gluing with 3M 77 spray and assume stitch just as I normally would with a liner. 

Does this sound appropriate to others experienced with this?

Thanks. Cheers

sounds like it would work, tho you may try the leather/rubber cement bond that is used for glueing leather. you would probably have a better response as you will be around a moisture rich environment

11 hours ago, Norton Custom Leather said:

sounds like it would work, tho you may try the leather/rubber cement bond that is used for glueing leather. you would probably have a better response as you will be around a moisture rich environment

That's Renia, ideally.

On 4/25/2021 at 12:35 PM, bgl500 said:

Hey guys I'm making a fly fishing wallet and had question on attaching the wool to leather. I plan on gluing with 3M 77 spray and assume stitch just as I normally would with a liner. 

Does this sound appropriate to others experienced with this?

Thanks. Cheers

what kind of leather did you use for the case , would love to see a picture.

Thanks guys. Wound up using my contact cement from Makers and stitched the wool in as well. The leather was 5-6oz. Hermann Oak and apologize for just seeing this otherwise would have photographed. Should I make one of these again in the future, I believe I'll use wool felt. Just seems more durable and far less shedding of the fabric.

I made 50 fly wallets once for a benefit auction and used wool and spray adhesive...worked just fine.

1 hour ago, sbrownn said:

I made 50 fly wallets once for a benefit auction and used wool and spray adhesive...worked just fine.

yes it should A person shouldn't get their fly wallet wet or their flies will rust away in about a month Don't ask me how i know lol.