I've been searching the threads for a while, yet haven't seen anyone mention this. I recently acquired a 111W155 and it seemingly works pretty good.  I originally had the stitch length maxed out and recently decided to shorten it.  I noticed after adjusting it from 5 to 7 it was a drastic chance.  After much testing, it's because as the needle comes up, the leather actually slides back.  I've adjusted presser foot tension but have noticed that the outside foot comes up slightly before the inside foot is down. This seems like a presser foot timing issue to me.   Can someone either second me on this or tell me the true cause before I get into adjusting this.

Thanks 

Feed timing issues are often caused by improper synchronization of upper and lower shafts via the timing belt. One quick visual check to do if your machine has the indicator plate with the arrow, is to bring the thread take-up lever to the very top position. In this position the two arrows on the underside should line up. It they don’t, then you’ll have to adjust the timing belt position. 

This video shows the basics of that adjustment on a Consew 225:

2 hours ago, Uwe said:

Feed timing issues are often caused by improper synchronization of upper and lower shafts via the timing belt. One quick visual check to do if your machine has the indicator plate with the arrow, is to bring the thread take-up lever to the very top position. In this position the two arrows on the underside should line up. It they don’t, then you’ll have to adjust the timing belt position. 

This video shows the basics of that adjustment on a Consew 225:

Thank you I will check this out and let you know what I find.

As the needle is going down towards the feed dog does it come up about the time the needle enters it? And then it moves back & drops as it pulls out right as it's dropping if so the belt is correct.You can rotate the feed cam on the top shaft to vary when the feet lift.You access this through the hole the feed rod comes out on the back side,there's 2-screws to loosen & rotate it one way & see if it gets better if not go the other.You want the needle to just enter the material as the inside foot comes down to hold it.