Sign in to follow this  
Scootch

Wayne Jueschke

I just wanted to share a tool maker I found out about three or four weeks ago.  While looking at tooling on various saddles online there was a flower center I hadn't seen before.  After contacting the saddle maker to find out where to get the stamp he told me it was made by Wayne Jueschke.  I ended up getting a couple of flower centers, box geo and triangle geo of the same size and a serpentine from Wayne.   I have not seen any tools with such sharp crisp machining and impressions.  His tools are made of steel and very well detailed.  Most of my tools are from BK, a few from Jeramiah Watt and a few from Robert Beard but Waynes' surpass these makers in sharpness of machining and impressions based on my small sample of inventory.

The tools are not cheap but he has many unique tools you won't find elsewhere.  

This transaction with him is the only time I've interacted with him.  Just thought I'd pass it along because I'm satisfied with his product.

Scootch

Scootch, You are so right that Wayne Jueschke makes some great tools as you have found. You also found out that Wayne is a great guy to do business with but has essentially minimal to no online presence and only takes payment by check. I have been selling Wayne's mauls and string cutters for several months through my website. We recently started selling some of his stamps as well. Same price as Wayne but the ability to see impressions on-line and pay by PayPal or card. We have a small representation of his stamps to start with and are adding more as it progresses. Some are sold out currently but there are more and others in the mail as of today. Here is a link to my webpage with Wayne''s tools - https://brucejohnsonleather.com/leather-tools-sale/wayne-jueschke-mauls-and-tools/

18 hours ago, bruce johnson said:

Scootch, You are so right that Wayne Jueschke makes some great tools as you have found. You also found out that Wayne is a great guy to do business with but has essentially minimal to no online presence and only takes payment by check. I have been selling Wayne's mauls and string cutters for several months through my website. We recently started selling some of his stamps as well. Same price as Wayne but the ability to see impressions on-line and pay by PayPal or card. We have a small representation of his stamps to start with and are adding more as it progresses. Some are sold out currently but there are more and others in the mail as of today. Here is a link to my webpage with Wayne''s tools - https://brucejohnsonleather.com/leather-tools-sale/wayne-jueschke-mauls-and-tools/

Bruce,  The first I heard of Wayne was in your interview with DGS on "Lost Trades" podcast.  I didn't realize it at the time but after Terry got back with me on the flower center I saw on his saddle I went back to the pod cast to see if y'all were talking about the same tool maker.  It was pretty cool how it turned out that way.  I'm currently reading Bob Brenners' "How to Establish Prices for the Saddlemaker or Leatherworker" that you referenced.  This book will easily pay for itself with in a few small projects.  Thanks for you contribution.

Scootch